You're My Favorite Explosion

"How are you feeling today Mia?" my therapist asks.

I look up at her, her voice snapping me out of my thoughts.

I sighed, "Fine."

"How was school?"

"Fine."

"Have you been sleeping well, dear?"

"Yes." I said, very aware of the bags under my eyes.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

The hour long session went on this way. Her asking me pointless questions I didn't feel like answering and me giving one worded answers. She seemed unphased by my lack of interest, but I guess she believed it was normal for me to act this way. After all this is my first therapy session.

When I got out of her office Vic was waiting for me.

"What are you doing here?"

He shrugged, "I just wanted to be here when you got it. I'll walk you home."

I nodded gratefully.

"So how was it?"

"A waste of time."

He sighed, "Mia, you know this is for your own good."

"I know, but I don't need some nosy person going through my personal life."

"You need someone to talk to. Someone who can help you sort things out. Someone who can help."

I didn't reply. I couldn't bother to, it irked me that I had to see that woman for an hour once a week for who knows how long.

"How long do I have to see her?"

"That's up to her." he mumbled grabbing my hand as we crossed the street.

"You mean until she thinks I'm 'cured'."

He sighed but didn't answer. I know I was being difficult. It's not his fault I had to see a therapist.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

He turned to look at me, "It's alright."he whispered back.

I shook my head, "No, it's not alright. I'm being such a pain and I'm sorry." My eyes started to sting with tears.

He pulled me into a hug. "Hey, it's okay. Don't cry, please. Everythings going to be alright." he promised.

I sniffled, "Don't make promises you can't keep." I mumbled.

He didn't speak just held me as the tears ran down my face. He pulled back and wiped the tears from my face. "Let's get you home." he muttered.

He placed an arm around my waist and walked me home. We went up to my room and sat on my bed not uttering a word. He laid down on my bed and pulled me along with him. I laid my head on his chest and drifted off to sleep to the sound of his beating heart and movement of his chest rising with every breath he took.

~~Vic's POV~~

I watched Mia as she slept soundlessly. The struggles she went through everyday were gone for the moment as she rested.

Today Matt hadn't bothered to show up to school which made me suspicious as to what he was up to. I really hated him. How he always hurt Mia. It made me tremble with anger just at the thought.

I pulled Mia closer to me. She mumbled something in her sleep that I couldn't quite catch then wrapped her arm around my waist. I kissed the top of her head.