Chapter 16: The Third of August

What was supposed to be a magical evening became a bloody spectacle.

         "Let's go to the festival on August 3, Karricchi."

      Karriez, who was sitting beside Emma happily chatting with the girls looked up to Mikey with his bright smile. She frowned. "I'm sorry Mikey. Since mom's gonna go to an out of the country business again tomorrow, I'll be going to Grandmama's. I probably won't be back until the evening of August 3 or early the next day."

        "Oh.." Mikey said dejectedly but then, he smiled and held his hand out for her. "Let's go on a date now then!" 'He bounced back pretty quickly.' Thought Emma, a subtle smile forming on her face. She felt Hinata poke her shoulder.

      "They're so cute." Whispered Hinata and Emma nodded. "I ship it." Giggled the other girl, and the blonde smiled. "Good choice."

      "Go on Karrie-chan!" Said Hinata energetically. "Okay." Mikey helped her up as she patted her dress to dust off the dirt she sat on. Before she turned away and walked away with Mikey, Karriez turned to the girls, Hinata specifically.

       "Since I'm not going to the festival, you can borrow my yukata Hina-chan."

       Hina's eyes widened, remembering their previous conversation. "So, are we gonna wear a yukata?" Asked Emma, as they planned to wear matching clothes. Hina looked down. "I'm gonna see if my mom's old yukata fits, but if it doesn't maybe I'll go in a casual dress or something warmer."

       "Then, bye~" The brunette girl waved, skipping over to Mikey who was waiting for her. Hina smiled, watching Karriez and Mikey leave the park, their arms looped around each other.

        After the incident with Osanai, everyone was informed that the clash with them on August 3 has been called off. Mitsuya thought so too, until he was informed otherwise.

       He immediately got on his bike, driving under the rain. Beside him was Hakkai, the one who informed him. "Shit! This isn't good. Hakkai, I need you to go report to Karrie. She'll do something."

       Hakkai didn't complain as he obediently followed, going separate ways with Mitsuya and he veered off to Karriez's house. Unfortunately when he got there, there was no one at home. Panic was starting to kick in.

         Hakkai understood Mitsuya's intention, Karriez was after all the only one besides Mikey and Draken to have he authority and ability to mobilize Toman's forces.

        Hakkai immediately picked up his phone and dialled her number. His heart began to pound harder when she didn't answer but he tried again and she answered on the third ring.

       "Hakkai? What's wrong?"

       Her voice calmed him down, the total opposite of how he reacted to other girls except for his sister. He quickly told her the situation and when the line was blank for a while, he started to panic again.

       "I'll text you big brother Baji's address. Go to him, also inform the others. I'm on my way."

       Karriez, on another city, was just in her pajamas, about to sleep when Hakkai called her. She looked over to her grandmother and the caretaker. After explaining that her friends were in trouble, she kissed her grandmother goodbye and said her farewell to her grandmother's personal caretaker.

       She quickly packed her backpack and yanked out Mikey's hood that she stole some time ago. She gave herself a pat on the back for opting to use her motorcycle instead of riding the bus.