Chapter 116: Forget About Them

October 22, 2005

         "Well, since we're here might as well enjoy San Francisco. What do you think?"

      "Yeah."

       San Francisco was a bustling city and an undeniable beautiful tourist attraction. Seeing her daughter quiet in quite unlike herself, clearly shaken by everything that's happened. Her hope crushed underfoot so ruthlessly.

      Karriez was a child who didn't cry. The only time she ever did was when Araki died and after that, Senza had never seen nor heard her shed a tear. But she was no fool, Senza knew how fragile Karriez really was.

      How sensible and sensitive her daughter was as a person. No matter how strong she was and seemed and wanted to look like, the fact remained that what hurts would hurt.

     Senza pulled her daughter into a warm embrace, wrapped her arms around the young girl protectively. Karriez felt her mother kiss the top of her head and the warmth felt good.

      The familiar scent felt really nice. The gentle hands rubbing her back kept her from falling apart. After a long time, Senza held Karriez's shoulders as she looked her in the eye.

      "Karriez Fadenn. Listen to me. You are a wonderful daughter. The best daughter anyone could ever ask for and I thank God everyday that you are mine. I thank him every night for giving you to me."

      Senza's motherly voice, firm and full of lov and the eyes that had always seen the best in her made Karriez's shaking heart stable.

      Her mother's palms held her cheeks, her thumb rubbing her pale skin. It was beautiful. How Senza could love a child with not a single drop of blood like her own child was a truly beautiful thing.

      Karriez had known that blood didn't mean family but the outright rejection of the two biological parents who conceived her I to the world was a blow unlike any. It was an ugly thing.

     "Forget about them. They don't deserve you."

       For some people, traveling to a different country was incredibly difficult. Something they could only dream about. Even if it's just once, to go somewhere was a dreamer's dream.

       The mother and daughter hit the most famed landmark of San Francisco, California. The Golden Gate Bridge. It was a grand work of architecture. And although the walk was long, it was one to remember.

      From Nob Hill with its posh mansions and exceptional view to the Golden Gate Bridge with an even greater pleasure to the eye. But with Karriez's condition they had to forego enjoying the moment by foot and rode a cab around the most spectacular views the city could offer.

       The sight Pier 39 offered was exceptional. It's picture of the world famous California sea lions, San Francisco Bay plus the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Alcatraz was a sight to behold.

     They fished around the shops of Fisherman's Wharf with its views of the waterfronts living up to its reputation and to anyone who would look, it was the perfect of a mom and her child having the time of their lives.

      Some thought they looked really lucky.

      With a few shopping bags in hand the last place they went to was the Palace of Fine Arts. The masterpiece of an architecture left Karriez in awe, like a painting made to reality.

      The lagoon surrounding the palace reflected it's image clearly as a testament of the clarity. The serene delicacy excited her and it was at the palace whee they spent to most amount of time as Karriez enjoyed being in an institution that housed more than a thousand patrons.