Chapter 99: Cinderella

Just before Karrie and team entered the party hall they saw a familiar blonde leaning against his sleek bike with his arms crossed.

       "Kenny."

       At the call of his name Draken looked up and saw them, for a moment he was speechless. Karriez walked ahead of them and when she saw him, a frost glazed over her expression melting away as quickly as it came.

      "Why are you here?" She asked, lips pursing. Draken stood up and took one step forward as he smiled.

       "To make sure you don't catch on fire."

      Emma gave Draken a questioning look but to her disappointment, he subtly shook his head. Sighing, Emma looked away and focused on the task at hand. She went back to the memory of them planning a couple of nights ago.

       "Not everything can be solved with violence." Karriez began, munching on a potato chip. She sat on Melody's couch with Hina beside her. "Besides, I don't think I'll be satisfied even if I mop the floor with Adva."

       "Karrie's got a point. Then, what do you propose? Break in her house and steal your shoes back?"

      "This is more than just my shoes."

      Emma was thinking, her lips pursed as she leaned her weight on a table. "If we break in it'll make us as low as her. So I'd rather not."

      That was when Melody told them about Adva's upcoming birthday.

      Emma felt a warm chill when she saw the look on Karriez's face. Mischief danced in her eyes.

       "Let's crash her party."

     Yuzuha smirked, licking her lips. She loved the idea. For Adva who was hungry for attention, there was nothing more painful than having the spotlight stolen from her.

      "You're so mean. You wanna make the birthday girl cry on her own birthday?"

      As Yuzuha walked in with her head up high, Emma and Hinata by her side with Melody walking ahead, they caught the attention of the burning eyes in the room.

      A real head turner.

      "Who are they?"
       "I don't know. Daughter's of a wealthy family perhaps?"
       "So beautiful."
       "I'd kill to look like that."
       "Who's designs are they wearing?"
       "Look at her dress. Just marvelous."

      More whispers went around the hall like the playful Zephyr. The whispers of a whistling wind in a storm. Melody was the spearhead. They made sure that her face was the first one seen even if just to tickle Anika, Harmony's rival in the industry, a little bit.

       She wore quite the modernised style of a dress in a deep purple colour, of silk and a glossy mesh that had a smooth sparkle under the chandelier lights. It had sharp features, strapless as the bottom bloomed like a flower, splitting open just above her knee.

      It didn't reach the floor however, perfectly emphasizing Melody's beautiful legs. Her sleek black stiletto heels made them appear longer. The color made her eyes shine like gold and her hair, half braided half loose fell at her back in loose curls as if it had been done effortlessly.

       A large flower with square petals was embroidered at the top of her dress, covering Melody's chest. She wore a black choker and matching earrings of gold. She was a nymph in the flesh.

      Anika who peered at the commotion happening by the entrance had a butler check the guest list and was furious to know that there were uninvited guests. She turned to her daughter and asked in a sharp tone.