Chapter 27: Him

A/n: For better reading experience, prepare to listen to; Carousel by
Melanie Martinez, halfway through this chapter. Enjoy~

       This chapter is specially dedicated to all of my lovely readers and to all of you who keeps on voting on this story. It's an especially long one for you. Thank you very much! 😊🥰

          She gasped, the shards of glass flew by in slow motion. Then, as if he had done nothing, he stepped through the broken glass, stepping on them as they echoed small crunching sounds.

       It happened so fast that when Karriez gathered her wits, she was already in his embrace. "I was scared." She thought she would be the one saying those words, but it came from Mikey instead.

        Her hands comfortingly caressed his back. "It's okay. You don't have to be scared anymore." She put on a brave face, he was always strong for her, so she did the same. Seeing her smile, Mikey was able to push the fear and pain away, into the deep recesses of his mind. Deep, deep down that he'd never think of the loneliness again.

       "Let's get out of here Karricchi."

       "Good idea."

        The moment she took a step and Mikey heard the crunching sound, he hoisted her up in his arms. One arm behind her knees and the other on her shoulder. "What are you doing?" She asked, mildly surprised. "The glass."

       "It's fine. I'm wearing boots."

        "They'll fly to your legs."

        She laughed, and like her laughter was contagious, he did too. By the time they got out of the House of Mirrors, there was a staff already waiting for them. Karriez braced herself for a scolding and was prepared to pay for the damages.

       "We are so sorry! It was a mistake of the staff!" The man, lanky with freckles on his face and curly brown hair, apologized with his head bowed low. 'Eh?'

       It was because they saw him carry her out of the attraction like that, that the staff had feared the most. A person getting injured in their attraction. Karriez and Mikey were puzzled, knowing full well that it was their fault.

        In the end, after everything was sorted out, they were not held responsible for the broken glass. The passage that caused them to be separated was not supposed to be open in the first place but a staff member forgot to close it and the glass panel was a small one anyway.

        After the ordeal, Mikey and Karriez walked away from the place quickly, finding themselves in the center of the amusement park. Then, out of the blue, Karriez burst out in laughter.

        "I totally thought we were screwed. I even thought they'd kick us out of the park! What a total miracle!"

        Then, Mikey who thought the same but was not as worried, smiled. "That would've been a little sad. But it all went well, did you see my kick Karricchi? Heh! It felt good." He bragged, pounding his fist on his chest, as if he had not destroyed public property.

      "I know! It was cool, like swish! I think it's one of your smoothest kicks yet."

        They both ended up laughing together, loud and clear for anyone to hear but they didn't care.

        In the corner of her eyes, Karriez saw a Doraemon mascot. Instantly, the previous incident was forgotten, like the other incidents before it. This time, she grabbed Mikey's hand and dragged him towards the mascot, exclaiming, "Let's take a picture!"