Chapter 105: Fabricated Miracles

Karriez was rushed to the hospital as soon as possible. Mikey arrived breathless. The rush of his blood, his loudly beating heart felt surreal, most of all were the warmth from the tips of his fingers. The rushing of the E.R. passed him by as his breath echoed in his ears. 

          Wheels rolling, the strange smell of clean he couldn't describe. The metal bench of the waiting room felt cold, seeping up into him.

       Sounds resonated in great focus against his ears, clearly and incredibly loud but it was as if he couldn't hear anything. As he looked around, all the familiar faces were there. Gathered like sardines in a can.

        Senza, Emma, Grandfather Sano. Draken, Mistuya.

       Yuzuha, Hinata, Melody. Takemichi, Peh-yan. Hakkai, Angry, Smiley, Mucho, Sanzu.

        Leurant, Allastair, Carlisle; the members of Phantom almost completely assembled. Chifuyu.

          A sinking feeling. Mikey's heart skipped a beat in fear. There was an ill-foreboding feeling at the pit of his stomach.

        Somehow, it was a thought like a loaded gun. Baji's desperate appearance appeared in his mind's eye. Mikey recalled it as clear as crystal. A thousand thoughts were running in his mind.

     All just fragments trying to cram themselves in his head.

          "Me." Baji said with a calmness that was frightening. "Test me. If I'm a match then..."

       Mikey distinctly remembered how Baji was refused, but he of all people knew that Baji was not a person who gave up without trying at least a thousand times. In the corner of his eyes, Mikey froze as he saw a familiar figure. Baji's mother. 'Did Baji-'

         One question came spewing from his trembling lips.

          "Where is Baji?"

           It was many hours later when one of the doctors walked up to them. He had a grim look that sent Mikey's heart under attack, almost made it stop beating.

      The doctor headed to Senza, Mikey was sitting beside her. There was a pause before he finally spoke.

          "The operation was a success."   

       A cry of joy burst through them. It was the fall of rain after a long drought. Inexplicable. A miracle. Floods of hope and torrents of relief washed through them. Just like the arrival of spring after the harshest winter.

       Senza's knees buckled as she collapsed to she floor, tears of joy flowing down her cheeks. Somehow the tears just wouldn't stop.

     "Thank you.. Thank you."

     Emma helped her to a seat. Her blood still pumped relief throughout her entire system. And every one could breathe again, the suffocating air had been refreshed.

        Hinata couldn't help the sobs that escaped her lips, feeling her knees weaken. Mitsuya leaned against the wall and slid down, his heart skipping a beat. His hands were shaking and his breath was shaky, eyes almost blurred from the tears that formed.

      He wasn't one to cry nor did he ever think he would in the presence of so many people, but the feeling of gratefulness was overwhelming.

       It was a direct donation from a living donor. Senza walked in a hasty pace to the donor's room. He woke up before Karriez did. Senza, Karriez's mother, knocked on the glass doors of his hospital room.