Chapter 104: Cradle to Grave

Legend:

John Legend - All Of Me lyrics, perspective: spoken or wished to have been said.

Bryan Adams - Heaven lyrics

KZ Tandingan Lyrics - I'm Scared To Death

Daryl Ong - Stay lyrics (from "On the Wings of Love" soundtrack)

Carry on my wayward son lyrics- Kansas, perspective: sung by them

••

      "𝚃𝚑𝚞𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚎."
                             -𝚁𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚝,
                          𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚖 𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚎

      The sound of fluttering paper made him look up. A gentle gust of wind coming from the slightly open window with morning sunlight streaming in. Curtains waving softly, bright red marker crossing out the date.

      9th of October 2017.

Oh, thinkin' about all our younger years
There was only you and me
We were young and wild and free

      Manjiro Sano glanced at the picture on his desk. His arm around the shoulders of a fourteen year old Karriez Fadenn way back when. Smiling sweetly at the camera. Like nothing could tear them apart.

I want you to stay,
never go away from me

Stay forever

       He scoffed. "She didn't even make it to her fifteenth birthday." There was a knock on the door. His thick black coat felt like silk. Even when the heater was on full blast he still felt cold. His eyes didn't leave her picture, now just a memory.

What would I do without your smart mouth?
Drawin' me in and you kickin' me out. You've got my head spinnin', no kiddin'. I can't pin you down.

       'She was the kind of unique person that can't be replicated. The beautiful things that went on in her mind, I'd never get to hear those thoughts again.'

       "Come in."

But now, now that you're gone
All I can do is pray for you
To be here beside me again

      "Kisaki."

      Kisaki Tetta wore a crisp black suit, an even darker coat over his shoulders. "Boss. It's time."

Karriez's perspective: You can leave me. Take away all that I have.

Mikey's perspective: You can want me. Love me for who I am.

      He stood up playing with the copper ring, that had grown too small, now a pendant around his neck like a chain. Kisaki closed the door for him, he also opened the car door quite politely.

Why did you have to leave me
When you said that love will conquer all?

       The car drove to a cemetery. Mikey went to see her, it was her death anniversary.