Chapter 91: Behind the Scenes

A/n: Honestly, I had no plans of updating more than once today but, gosh, guys your comments are just so 😍. Literally my happy pills every time, I love them so keep them coming. And I could really feel the love and support for this book and I'm so happy, the votes, the reads, thank you. Just thank you.

        Ten minutes before the performance, Mikey pulled Karriez to the corner and secretly whispered in her ear.

      "Karricchi. Hehe, I kinda forgot my lines." The way he sheepishly spoke as he scratched behind his ear was cute, but she still stood infront of him with arms crossed over her chest.

      "I knew it. Tell me, kinda forgot or you just didn't bother to memorize and thought you'd cram the day before the play."

     He didn't answer, just pouted and gave her a pitiful expression like a child begging to tag along. He smiled when she sighed.

      Then, Karriez dragged him, holding his hand and called the attention of everyone by banging her palm on the table twice. Not that she needed to because every eye was already looking at her, and them.

     "Show of hands, who here haven't memorised their lines and/or otherwise unprepared?"

      Every actor in the room raised their hand, some both. "Okay. Me too honestly. So this is what we're going to do.."

{Juliet: Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,
Which mannerly mannerly devotion shows in this;
For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,
And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.

Romeo: Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?

Juliet: Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.}

    Melody scoffed from her seat commenting, "Savage Juliet. Romeo prayer zoned."

{Romeo: O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do;}

(Romeo's hand floated in the air, slowly meeting her open hand. Their palms met in a soft kiss, gently touching. Like how he dreamed their lips would meet.)

{Romeo: They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.}

        But unlike Romeo, Mikey that loved Karriez, his abandoned god, even if she doesn't grant his prayers he would never lose his faith nor let it turn into despair.

{Juliet: Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake.}

       But Karriez was not a saint who didn't look out for his tainted soul, not an unmoving statue waiting to grant his wish born from prayer. She was an angel with clipped wings desperate to save his soul even if it means falling into the chasm.

{Romeo: Then move not, while my prayers effect I take.}

       The crowd themselves held their breaths and everything moved to a standstill, except for the agonizingly slow gravitation of Venus and Mars. When his lips were about to lock with hers, Romeo pulled up his cape and obscured their planetary alignment.