Chapter 90: It's Showtime

Legend:
{Italics} - excerpt from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. (being spoken by the actors, aka Mikey and Karrie and others)

(Text)- the play

Bold Italics - Taylor Swift's Love Story lyrics.

Italics only- flashback

Short note: I know some of you are gonna skip the excerpts (for a reason) but know that I chose certain if not all lines for a reason.

In this chapter and the next couple ones (for the duration of the play), I directly referred to Mikey and Karriez as Romeo and Juliet respectively. (It's kinda redundant to always say, Mikey as Romeo or Karrie playing Juliet. Kuha nyo?(Get it?) Malinaw ba? (Clear?))

Oh and, you know the original Romeo and Juliet of Shakespeare is posted in Wattpad right? If you're wanting to read it or needing (I know you do, been there done that), check the comments section.

There are translators commenting the modern or explained versions in the comments, for every passage. They're just wonderful, and kind and if I could, I'd give them a hug. Helped me a great deal in understanding the literature when we tackled it in school.
***

October arrived with a storm. Heavy rains and strong winds awoke Karriez around 7 in the morning, the day she planned on doing the laundry. But she couldn't hang them dry anymore, not with the gloomy weather.

The wind beat against the roof, raindrops smashed against the window pane. Karriez tuned in to the radio and had a mini celebration, while rolled in her thick blankets like a burrito, because classes were suspended due to the rain.

She was on the phone with Shin Kei, for some reason had something to report. [Mistress,] he began sounding somber as always. [I've confirmed from Carlisle that Coney Midori and Adva Finso have officially become members of Valhalla.]

"Well, isn't that wonderful. That's just great. I wonder if they'll fall in love with each other." She said laughingly and she knew although Shin was quiet that he still had a stoic face probably facing his video games in his dark room.

"Oh, come on that was funny."

But there was still no answer. Most of the time, he'd tell her what he needed to say, bid goodbye and end the call but this time he didn't.

"What is it? Spit it out."

She heard him take a deep breath and then he said, [Why Kisaki? Why'd you let him join Toman? Mistress, you know what he is.] She was shocked, because he had never questioned her decisions before.

This only meant that he was just as wary of Kisaki as her if not more. And that he disliked Kisaki, probably more than she did.

"Leu? You know the saying, Keep your friends close..." She dragged on, voice fading away, waiting for him to continue. A deep voice, scratchy from the phone answered. [Your enemies closer.

I understand Mistress.]

"Good. Then, take care okay. It's quite the storm out there."

[Yes, thank you.]

The call ended.

She put the phone by the night stand, staring at the ceiling, talking to herself.

"Letting Kisaki run amok is more dangerous."

She went back to sleep only to wake up to find out that the power was out. She with her bad luck forgot to charge her phone or her cute pink netbook. But along with the storm, October came with the long awaited Romeo and Juliet theatre play.