Chapter 25: Amusement

He took her to an amusement park. The colorful rides, the cheerful sounds and music and the people. It was a bright sunny day with clear blue skies. There was laughter everywhere, and screams of joy and smiles on every face.

       Her eyes were wide in astonishment, sparkling like jewels. It's not her first time in an amusement park, it was however a place she hadn't seen in over a year.

       "Oh, wait! I want to go there! Ooh! There too! I wanna ride that one!" She was like an excited child, hopping from place to place excitedly. Mikey chuckled, following behind her.

       "Slow down."

       Mikey too, enjoyed his time all the more with her as they both headed from one attraction to another, like children on a sugar rush.

        "So, where do you wanna go first?" Asked Mikey, with his hands in his pockets simply following her around as she was easily swayed by one display and the next.

        That was when a chorus of screams pierced the air. Her eyes twinkled, her mouth agape and her hands clasped together like a prayer when she turned to look at the source of screams. The one and only roller coaster.

        "That one!" She exclaimed, almost jumping up. Mikey grinned and then he grabbed her hand as they skipped towards it. The line wasn't that long but they had to stand for a good amount of time. Karriez took that time to calm the excitement down.

       Finally, it was their turn to ride the best loved ride of all. A jumpstart into their date. Her blood rushed and her heart beat excitedly. Mikey sat beside her, calmer than she thought, in fact he was a little more restrained than usual. She noticed, she smiled at him and squeezed his hand.

         "You're gonna get wrinkles if you keep that odd expression." She said with a light laughter. He puffed his cheeks but then the tension faded away as his heart warmed from her smile. "You need to calm down. Let's enjoy this day together."

       "Okay Karricchi. It's a good thing we're in a roller coaster ride."

       She didn't hold back one bit. Her arms were raised high up in the air as she screamed at the top of her lungs. She didn't know if it was sheer luck or anything but she and Mikey got the front row seats, and nothing was more exhilarating.

        Mikey was the same, hands in the air to feel the wind but he wasn't screaming like her, instead he was laughing at her. The ride was similar to a motorcycle ride on full speed in a racetrack or the empty highway.

       The ride was fast and twisted and turned and rolled upside down multiple times. Karriez felt as if her heart would leap out of her chest. The rush gave her an unexplainable feeling of adrenaline like pleasure.

        "Again!" She exclaimed after they had gotten down and Mikey gladly agreed. From the outside looking in, no one would think that Manjiro Sano, the invincible leader of Toman would ever be easy to sway and that he was always the boss without exception. Clearly, they had never seen him with her.

       Anyone who thought that way would never be able to comprehend the power she had over him. The way he would bend the world and tear it apart to do what she wished. That was the anomaly. With her, she was the boss. She was the sun and he was the sun's protector.

       So they ended up riding the roller coaster three times until Karriez couldn't stomach it anymore and had to leave the ride be.

       They left the ride in search of a new one. She glanced up to him and found herself laughing looking at his disheveled hair. It was after all a silly look on him and didn't match his outfit at all but it carried a strange sexiness with it.