Chapter 80: That One Ex

"It was innocent at first okay? Promise." Yuzuha began with a smile, as if trying to convince them from a bad horrible joke.

        "It was. We met when he and my brother clashed... and, I don't know. It just happened. He was sweet and kind and just...just." Yuzuha had a face that was so beautiful and indescribable, her hands were raised in the air grasping at nothing.

       "He understood me. And he was hot, by the way." Emma laughed with Yuzuha's words. The older girl continued, vaguely aware of Hakkai's ears tuned in.

     She recalled his pitch black hair, sharp jaw. He had the handsomeness like a Greek god, a marble statue of a demigod but he was human, in every sense of the word.

      "He understood the kind of love I have for Hakkai. He knew. He knew because he loved his sister, Adva, just like that. But I didn't know then, that it would fall apart. We had a nasty break up so, I'd never forget really."

      Her eyes were crying out in anguish and heartbreak. Her fists tightly clenched. "That was what I loved about him, he loved his sister more than himself. More than anything but then, it's what tore us apart.

      Adva that bitch..." Yuzuha's teeth grit at the mention of the name. "She didn't like me, no, that's an understatement. She hated me. She did everything to break us up. But you know what's frustrating? Is that she's a fucking fake.

      She was a two faced bitch. I can't even. Aah!!" She pulled her hair to relieve the anger, Melody pat her back gently. "The first time she intervened was kinda like a childish prank. So here's what happened, Mino and I were gonna meet up for a date at this café.

     The night before, I received a text from him saying that the meet up place changed. The very next day, he never showed. I waited and waited and waited. Until the café closed." Yuzuha laughed, remembering all the pitiful gazes she received from being stood up.

       She laughed remembering the extreme effort she took in preparing for their first date, just to look perfect. The make up, shoes, clothes and how she hid it behind Taiju's back. "You know those movie scenes? Walking in the rain crap? No, it's not sad. It's frustrating.

     I experienced that but little did I know, he had been waiting in vain at the original meet up point, just like me. So, when we finally met. It blew up, I was angry, he was angry. Our first date was screwed, our first fight happened.

      It took quite some time to resolve the misunderstanding. Adva played the victim and I hate it. Do you even know why she was doing that? Because she can't share her brother. She thought that if he got a girlfriend, then his affection would be divided.

      I thought we were gonna end that way but, well, what can I say? It was true love."

      Yuzuha spat the words 'true love' like acid with a bitter smile on her face. "He apologized, he did this singing with a guitar thing. It was sweet and I forgave him. Things were smooth for a couple of weeks until she struck again.

      Around this time, I still haven't introduced him to Hakkai. Not that I ever got the chance to anyway. So, she stalked me. I know, I think she has a few screws loose. Anyway, she took pictures of me and Hakkai and told her brother I was cheating on him.

      Again, we fought but it was resolved quickly. When things didn't go her way, that was when the pretenses started. At that point of our relationship, being with him was becoming suffocating, because of Adva.

     I can't even remember the number of times we fought about the misunderstandings she made, the schemes, the lies.

      It was frustrating, I was getting tired of it. The worst was when she pretended I pushed her down the stairs, or that I hurt her behind his back.