cHaPtEr 2

Winter POV:

Great. The seawings had eaten all the fish again. Winter was annoyed, but it wasn't the first time   this had happened. He clambered back to his cave, grumpier than usual. (Boi that's pretty grumpy then.) As he reached nearer to his cave, he heard a faint sobbing noise. He rolled his eyes and entered his cave, only to see his best friend, the sand snorter himself, Qibli. Sobbing on Winter's bed. His heart gave a little jump, although he didn't take the time to identify it. 

 "Ummm... Qibli?" Winter sat down in front of the Qibli, the sandwing looking up at him. His eyes were bloodshot and his snout was drenched in tears. He was a mess. 

"Woah, hey. Qibli, what happened?" 

"M-moon... b-broke up with m-me..." Qibli choked out. Winter gasped.

"What?!" Qibli nodded, burying his snout under his wing. Winter awkwardly placed his tail over Qibli's, trying to be as comforting as possible. He heard Qibli give a little snort.

"I'm not good with the concept of empathy, ok. I'm trying my best." Winter ducked his head, and saw a flicker of a smile appear on Qibli's face. He felt his stomach do flips, probably just because he hadn't eaten. Probably.

"Well, um. If you need anything, I guess, talk to me." Winter mumbled.

"Uh. Well. Could you share your cave with me? I kind of got kicked out." Qibli replied sheepishly. Winter got that feeling in his stomach again. What the heck is happening to me?!  He thought. Say no say no say no say no say no- 

"Sure."