Chapter 22- Beautiful

Nicholas' POV

As I carried Ahria to her room she drifted off into sleep, her dreams consuming her. I couldn't help but get lost in her beauty as I walked through the house. She was by far the most beautiful person I had ever seen, and

I live in a world with vampires which are extremely beautiful. As I neared her room I shifted her weight slightly so I could open the door, she stirred a little but only to have put a smile on her face. Once in her room, I strode across the room and paused at the bed, I did not want to let her go, ever. Going against what I wanted I slowly placed her on the bed and brought my arms away from her, as I did she stirred again but this time her whole body followed my arms, almost like they were connected by string. At the same time she murmured something even with my vampire hearing it made no sense.

Once she stilled I moved my hand to delicately brush a strand of her gorgeous blonde hair out of her face, my fingers skimming her cheek and once again she stirred in her sleep, her head moved and my hand ended up cupping her cheek. Her skin was soft and pale, and I could feel the warmth beneath it. A few milliseconds later she muttered "Nicolas" I stared at her I'm confusion, 'was she awake' I thought, but I could tell by her heart beat she was deeply asleep. The thrumming sound was so quiet, quicker than a human heart but somehow sounded more elegant. I then decided that it was new favourite sound. Just before I left her to her dreams I wondered what she would dream about, I wondered if her touch power would work like Ness' even if she were asleep. Against my better judgment I gently held her hand and brought it to my face, as our skins met images filled my head, she was dreaming about me. I gently placed her hand back onto the bed and turned around, as I moved across her room I caught sight of someone in the mirror, at a proper glance I realised it was me, I had brilliant smile on my face, one that had only appeared when Ahria joined the family, but now it was even bigger. In that moment I made a decision. I strode back over to the sleeping beauty in the room, leaning over the bed my face inches from hers, I gently put a kiss on her forehead, the sensation was mind blowing, better than drinking human blood for example. As soon as my lips broke their touch, Ahria's eyes flew open.