Reverse Harem 5 (Akiba End)

Now the truth was laid out for him to see. It was now Akaki's turn to respond to learning of his friend's newfound situation. Never once did he ever think he would put someone who had been nothing but kind to him into this type of circumstance.

"You don't have to hold back for my sake." That was his response to Arata's statement of not pursuing Akiba. "If you really like her, then I won't stop you."

"Wh-what are you talking about?" Arata was in disbelief over what was just told to him. "Why won't you?"

"Don't you remember?" He responded. "I was already supporting her for Yogi since the start." Indeed that was how it was when they first met. Akaki had already been resigned to his fate, but it was because of Arata's arrival that things began to change. "I only want her to be happy."

"That's... Not good." Arata replied with sorrow. Tears welled up in his eyes as they ran down his cheeks. "Because, I don't want to be the one who hurts you."

"Well, what are we supposed to do?" Akaki was in the same boat. They were good friends for one another, and having someone like him who was aware of his feelings was comforting. Not only that, but this boy also supported him all the way, trying to push him to become more bold. "It's not like we both should give her up."

"Maybe it might be time to tell her how you both feel." It was Misao who gave them the suggestion. "I don't want to continue to watch in silence as my friend suffer quietly for the sake of others.

"Is that really okay?" Of all the times to confess, this hardly seemed like it. Especially since it wasn't going to be a normal confession.

"I'll support the two of you, no matter the result." She assured them that things would work out somehow. To her, she did have her preference on who the victor of Akiba's heart was going to be. However, she was going to accept whatever happened and comfort the loser of the pair. Heck, for all she knew, they'd both get rejected as that girl was known to have a crush on her childhood friend in Yogi.

"Then, if you're willing to take that chance. I'll stand by your side." Arata made his stance clear as he held out a hand.

"I'll do it." Akaki did him one better by using the boy's hand to pull him in as they shared a completely platonic embrace. Their friendship was going to be tested to its limits.

"When you two are done..." She was a bit upset with the sight as jealousy took hold of her body. Why did Arata have to be so lucky with that boy? "I'll take care of things, so don't worry about anything but telling her how you feel.

They weren't sure on what she meant by setting things up as they returned to the group. Though it seemed she was able to get Yuki on board with the plan as she started with that girl. It was an odd request that would normally be declined by a shy girl like her, That being to bring up this company was starting up a live-action branch and had some cosplay stored in a certain room they were allowed in.

This then caused Yogi to take interest in it as well. Since she was aware of his feelings for her, Arata was certain this plan was using that to her advantage. Now it was time for Akaki and him to act and finally take that scary leap. One of them had been waiting years for this, while the other had only waited a mere hour. Either way, it was time to find out.

"So, I guess it's the three of us." Akiba was none-the-wiser as she spoke to the two boys. "Maybe we should go look for my mom. She should be about done catching up with her friend I hope."

"Actually..." Akaki had to come up with something to put them into a better position. "It's a little stuffy in here. So I was wondering if we could take a detour outside for some fresh air."