31

It's been 3 days since we went back in LA. We spent a week there, after we talked to Kelly we basically just hang out for the rest of the week. I'm very pleased that Ella and Jennie seems happy for that short period of time that we were together. Right now I'm back at work cause we're trying to finalize the pictures that we will put up in the exhibit. There's a lot more work to do so I haven't really seen Jennie and Ella. Ella will sometimes call or text me updating me about her school stuff or just her life in general. She also keeps gushing about her friend's crushes and whenever they hang out together. I really appreciate that she keeps updating me and it seems like she does see me as her eomma like back when we were in Korea. Cory told me that Jennie seems busy with work. Kang is also back from his work in tennessee, he came back a day after we arrived.

"Oh your friend called earlier.. I answered it since she called 3 times" Mingyu said while we're inside his car. I didn't bring my car today so he offered to give me a ride.

"Jisoo?" I ask

"I think so, yeah. She told me that she will call you back after a couple of meetings or tomorrow."

"Does it sound like an emergency?" I ask

"Not really, she seem enthusiastic about something" she'll probably share a good news.. it can be a good news for me too or it is just a good news for her that she wanted to share

"Yeah, thanks for telling me" I said giving him a quick smile

"No problem, I'll see you tomorrow" he said pulling over infront of the apartment building

"Thanks for the ride, drive safely" I said waving at him before getting out of the car.

As I walk in, I greeted a couple of people who seem familiar to me. They most likely live on the same floor or I just see them around the apartment building often. I push the button on the elevator and step back a bit incase someone will go in as well. I pull my phone out of my pocket and saw that I got a message and a missed call. I open up the message first and saw that Ella texted me saying "Eomma, I'm sleeping over at Sandy's place tonight. It's her birthday and most of our friends are here. Mommy told me that you can pick me up the day after tomorrow so we can hang out. I'm gonna stay here for two nights :) I'll see you soon. I love you" I just replied a short and simple message to answer her and assure her that I'll be there to pick her up. I then check my missed call and it is from Cory. I was probably talking inside the car when she called. Since I'm in the building already, I didn't bother calling her back.

I look at my wrist watch and it's already 7 pm. When the elevator door finally stopped at my floor, I walk out and saw Cory standing infront of her door. She has her phone on her hand as she's wearing her long cardigan. She turn to look at me and her eyes changed in to relief. I approach her immediately since the expression she gave me is concerning.

"Hey, I didn't know you called" I said, the first thing she did is to hold on to my arm as she look up straight in to my eyes

"I don't want you to worry, but I heard a couple of thuds from Jennie's apartment" she said, I drop my bag on the floor and walk towards their apartment door. I put my ear closer to the door to try and listen first. I don't want to barge in with that little of an information from Cory. I stayed like that for a couple of minutes until I heard a very subtle and quiet whimper.

I breathe in shakily as I felt my arm getting numb. I'm afraid that I will witness something that will hurt me a lot. Honestly, saying that I'm anxious is an understatement right now. I breathe in and out for a couple of second before I knock on the door, but instead of just a simple knock my fist somehow knocked harder than I intended. I saw from my peripheral view that Cory is standing a couple of meters away from me but I guess she's standing there to look with me.

I then heard heavy footsteps approaching the door. I am honestly scared right now, I don't know what to do with type of situations. I don't experience or come across stuff like this in my daily life. I don't know how to react or what I can do. But what brought me here is because I'm more scared that he will hurt Jennie.

The door open and Kang appeared. He gave us a smile like he's just in the midst of a calm evening. He doesn't show any anger infront of us which scares me more.

"Can I help you?" He said in a very calm tone which made my skin crawl. We stayed silent as I keep looking at him, he furrow his brows since he's not getting any word from me.  "Can I help you?" He repeat his words again, after he said that I heard another quiet whimper so I took the time to push the door open which shocked him. As I open the door, there lies Jennie. On the floor, with her hand on her stomach as if someone hit her there. I close my eyes for a split moment as I saw what I am scared of. I open my eyes back up and turn my head to look at Kang.. I honestly don't know why but I immediately run towards him to pin him back on the wall behind him. I don't know where I got my strength to push a bigger guy but I did anyway. I pinned him back with my right arm on his neck as if I'm about to choke him while my other hand is on his arm like it will stop him from doing anything.

I felt my furiousness build up at this exact moment. My eyes starts tearing up because of how angry I am.. and the fact that I cannot do much more than this and I can't do a lot more to help Jennie is making me so mad. Kang stare back at me with his eyebrows furrow as if he's also getting mad at how I'm acting.

"What now?" He whispered as we're just close to one another. I step back a bit and let go of him. I then let my right fist land on his face. I can't even feel anything right now. I don't know if that punch is even enough. I wasn't even sure if it is strong enough because of the numbness I'm feeling on both of my arms "Well you started it" he said and used his right hand to throw a strong punch on my stomach making me back off and shut my eyes as I feel the pain. Right when I open my eyes I saw his fist land right on my face which made me fall back on the floor.

At that point I became dizzy and I feel like I'm about to pass out from that punch. I heard a couple of doors opening. I look on my left side and saw that Jennie is no longer there.. Cory must've took her out the second she saw me holding Kang.

"Please help!" I heard Cory's voice. She probably knocked on the neighbors' doors as I heard some of them coming out of their apartments.

"Can you stand up?" I heard a person ask.. at this point I'm very lightheaded that I can't even distinguish who's talking "let me help you up.. keep him inside, we're calling the police"