47

I arrived at the hospital around noon. Ella was with me earlier but she's gonna hang out with her friends at a nearby mall so the driver dropped me off first. Jennie is very busy these days, she's having so many meetings and she's also stepping in whenever they need a hand in surgery. Plus, she attends her session with her therapist every day-off which is not a problem at all.

I walk inside the hospital with the guards greeting me as I go in. I'm just casually walking through the hallway and every doctor or nurse who will pass by me will greet me with so much formality. When I used to work here back then, the nurses are the ones who greet me consistently and I am not used that they're treating me like I have as much power as Jennie. I don't usually go to Jennie's workplace, this is probably my second time. I am also busy with my work since I'm currently hiring employees... I'm planning to buy a building and expand my work.

"Doctor Manoban!" I saw Eunwoo running from the cafeteria

"I mean I still have my license but stop calling me Doctor Manoban" I said as he walk with me with a smile on his face

"I wasn't expecting to see you today but the nurses who entered the cafeteria is gossiping about you" he said chuckling

"Yeah? I'm hoping it's a good thing"

"They were like.. that's President Kim's wife right? Isn't she so pretty? How can they both be pretty and successful? God has favorites" I laugh at how Eunwoo tried so hard to imitate their tones and how excited they are. Legally, Jennie and I aren't married yet since it's been a couple of weeks since we moved here to Korea. As I've said, we will take things slowly but Jennie always introduces me to her colleagues and peers as her wife... I am not against it so I told her it's fine.

"Try doing that to your patients and they'll seriously look for another doctor" I said laughing at him as we walk inside the elevator

"My patients love me.. " he said confidently

"Of course they will, they love doctors with pretty faces" I said

"I'm also good at my job" I shrug my shoulder to tease him which made him scoff. When we reached the top floor he pressed a button to keep the elevator door open "I think Jennie is in a meeting, go ask her secretary. I'll see you later, I have to do my rounds" he said making me nod as I thanked him. I walk towards Jennie's secretary's table and she's not there

"President Kim is inside the conference room, do you wanna go in?" Another staff asked since the secretary is probably with her

"Yes please, thank you" I said making the staff smile as she lead me towards the conference room. The person behind the desk right outside the conference room greeted me properly and didn't question my presence as she just let me in... I guess that's the perk of it all.

I peek inside and saw Irene speaking in front. The whole room has a dim light because she's presenting. Since the door opened she divert her attention towards me as she continue speaking. She nods her head subtly towards my way to greet me while she keeps her composure while speaking. Since Jennie and some people noticed Irene looking my way they also turn their heads to see me by the door.

Jennie's holding a pen and a note are open in front of her. She turn her head and immediately smile when she saw me. Her secretary was sitting right beside her but she immediately stand up to pull another chair for me and position it next to Jennie's.

"Thank you" I said softly to not disturb the whole meeting. I sit on the chair and put my bag down as I face Jennie and put my arm on her back to give her a quick kiss on her temple.

She then reaches out her left hand on me since she's holding her pen with her right hand. I reach out to her left hand to hold it since that's what she's trying to do. She wanted to hold my hand but she's also busy writing down stuff on her notes.