Unknown number

Pain is like waves, it comes crashing down all at once and then the next second it's gone for just a few moments before you feel it all again and again

"Brin, honey...you've got to get out of bed. You haven't moved since summer ended." My mom stood in the doorway leaning against my frame, holding the laundry basket on her hip. She sat down on the side of my bed.

"John B and Sarah are dead mom. What would you like me to do? Be happy and move on? Move away and find new friends just like we did with California?" I sat up and waited for a lecture.

"Brinley I know you're upset but you can't just do nothing forever. Go hangout with Rafe, i'm sure he needs someone right now in a time like this." My mom stood up, still clutching onto the basket.

I laughed softly to myself, if only she knew what really happened. "Boy you have no idea."

The three of us stood in front of a large tree that sat in front of the chateau. This was it, this was the moment it all hit me, two of my best friends were dead and my boyfriend murderered a cop. What is my life?

JJ finished branding the tree with a crowbar he heated up with a torch. Kie and I stood side by side and watched with teary eyes.

JJ raised his flask, "to John B."

Kie looked over to him and back at the tree. "And to Sarah."

It was the weakest I had ever felt, scratch that it was the weakest I think any of us had felt. We were completely broken and defeated.

The next few days went by and none of us really communicated with each other. Hell I even went back to work! I spent most of my days at the beach surfing if I wasn't working or laying in bed at home. The last time I saw Rafe was at Peterkin's funeral, which was extremely awkward but because he's my boyfriend I had to make it all seem normal, like I didn't know the whole truth.

"B get your ass out of bed! You have school." My dad shouted from the outside of my bedroom window.

I fell off my bed from the scare my dad had given me. I was peacefully sleeping right up until that moment.

After 5 more minutes of sleeping I got up off the floor, got ready for school and waited for the crew to come pick me up. We decided to all ride together since it was our first day back and my first day of school without John B.

I stepped out of the car, putting my backpack on and looked around. The sound of the school bell rang throughout my ears and kids starring at us is what really made me feel welcomed.

JJ took a quick swig from his flask and threw it into Kie's car. We walked side by side, all eyes were on us. Walking upto the front of the school was a memorial rock for John B.

"I feel like people are starring at us." Kie spoke quietly to the group.

JJ agreed and Pope rushed us to class. The four of us walked with arms linked inside the building with nothing but a fake smile.

Mr.Sunn greeted me and began teaching once everyone was seated. I sat in front of Kie who sat diagonally across from Pope. Pope's phone beeped and out of curiosity, JJ from the other side of the classroom and Kie and I gathered around discretely, discussing who the unknown number was. The four of us pulled up our phones at eye level and saw a picture we never thought we'd see.....John B and Sarah.

WOOOHOOO WE'RE BACK!!! I'm so excited to finally write again. This story is based off of the Outer Banks storyline from season 2 so if you haven't watched it already, go do so now because this book will spoil it! I can't wait to take you guys on the journey. I haven't decided if I want to publish chapter by chapter or all at once so let me know what you guys think!