Heavy drugs

Rafe stood up quickly, still heavily breathing from what just happened

Rafe stood up quickly, still heavily breathing from what just happened. He immediately ran to me as I sat on the ground leaning against the truck. "Brin...Hey, you're okay. You're fine. I got you. I'm gonna get you some help." His tears began to form in his eyes. He ran quickly to pick up the gun Limbrey shot Renfield and I with and closed the doors to the truck. He then picked me up bridal style and placed me carefully into the truck. I leaned against the passenger car door. "Rafe...tell...tell my p-parents...I ..I love them." My eyes were heavy and I could feel my body fighting. Next thing I knew everything was blurry.

Later that night I woke up in a room. I wasn't sure where I was. I looked up at the pale white ceiling and looked to my right to see a sleeping Rafe in the chair. I was in the hospital. As I looked at Rafe he woke up when he heard me moving. "Brinley! Holy shit i'm so glad you're okay. I thought....I-I thought I lost you." A tear rolled down his cheek as he leaned down to hug me carefully and kissed my forehead. "Wha..what happened?" I felt the gause and the sling around my shoulder. "Um, Limbrey shot you." He anxiously whispered rubbing my cheek as he held my face. I assume he didn't tell the hospital that. "Babe...I am so so sorry. We're gonna get you out of here. We have to go. Brin?" He stopped panicking just for a second and held my hand. "I love you. I promise to always protect you okay? I'm so sorry." He leaned his forehead onto mine. I wiped away the tear falling down his face and kissed him. "I love you too." I gave him the best smile I could. I was really high on medication. I don't know what the doctors gave me but I was so drowsy.

Rafe carefully wheeled me out of the hospital and into the truck. I was in and out of sleep on the ride to wherever we were going.

Minutes later we arrived at the camerons. Rafe carefully took me inside and gracefully carried me up the stairs. "Lay down and get some rest. I've gotta shower and then we gotta go." He grabbed his towel and headed into the bathroom. I fell asleep almost immediately.

As I slept I could hear footsteps and the wood of the floor squeaking. I rubbed my eyes and look over. "Sarah?" I whispered loudly. She placed her fingers over her mouth to keep me quiet. Then her eyes grew big as she saw my arm. "What the hell happened to you?" She whispered back. "Uhh, Rafe said Limbrey shot me. I don't remember much." I responded back as I readjusted myself on the bed. "Glad you're okay! Where are the keys?" She carefully walked around the room. She wasn't able to find them because she heard the bathroom door handle start to open and she rushed out. As if on que Rafe walked out with a towel wrapped around his waist. "Hi handsome." I laughed to myself. Clearly these drugs were strong. "Hey. Take it easy don't hurt yourself." He laughed at my drowsiness and then proceeded to get dressed.

Moments later Wheezie walked into the room. "Hey can you...Brinley what happened to you?" Wheezie stood shocked in the doorway. "She's fine. She just fell and broke her arm." Rafe's head turned quickly in her direction. "Can you help me with my suitcase?" Wheezie continued. "I'm not your slave, Wheeze. I'm busy okay?" He was all over the place. "I-I can't get it to close. Can you just help me?" Wheezie wasn't giving up. I knew something had to be up. "Can you not do it yourself?" He sounded like he was gonna cave. "No. Please?" Wheezie begged. He caved! He locked the door behind him and headed to help wheezie in her room.

I heard the door being messed with and then of course Kook princess herself walks in quietly. I watched as she searched the room. "Right there." I pointed to the keys that laid on the other side of the bed where Rafe had left them. She grabbed them and left the room quickly. Rafe barged back in right after and then left again slamming the door aggressively behind him. There was nothing I could do. I could barely move on my own.

Rafe came back into the room with the keys. "Hey come on. Let me help you. We gotta go." He wrapped one arm tightly around my waist and I put my right arm around his neck as we walked.

I heard footsteps behind us as we headed to exit the house. "Rafe, wait. I just talked to Sarah. Brinley! Oh my god what happened to her?" Rose panicked. "I-i'm fine. Rafe saved me." The look on Rose's face when I said that was priceless. "She said there's a dead body in the truck, right? Yeah. That's Renfield. I didn't do shit. I didn't do shit,okay? Limbrey shot him." He paused as he choked on his words. "And she shot Brin too. I took the truck, and I left the old lady at the hangar,alright? I got the cross for all of us,okay? I did! And I was just getting ready to yake care of Renfield when you came up. You should be...you should be thanking me." Rafe went off, explaining all that had happened. Rose was at loss for words. "Do what you have to do with the body. Get the cross to the wharf." She demanded. Rafe smirked, his grip still tight around my waist holding me up. "I'm on it." He smirked as we walked away to the truck.

okay but I love Rafe being a sort of good boyfriend to Brinley! Also I had NO IDEA it was RENfield not REDfield.💀