Slice of Paradise

Pope ran off to the crane that would help us pull up the cross. JJ,Kie,and I helped strap it up so that Pope could pull it. "Guys hang on! I'll go help Pope  up top!" I finished strapping up my side of the cross and rushed to the hallway to get up to the stairs.

"Brinley! Where the hell did you go?" Rafe yelled at me. He was fuming.

"I-I um...I got lost and then somebody shut us in the hull." I panicked.

"Bullshit. Your pogue friends are on the damn boat!" He shouted at me. "Come on!" He angrily grabbed me by my good hand and drug me up the stairs with him.

Rafe and I sat behind a wall watching as Pope and Cleo pulled the cross. He continuously kept giving me glares. I knew he was pissed at me for helping them but I was doing it for John B and Pope. "Drop the line! We're pinched. Just do it!" I heard Pope yell. As the girl let go of the cross, Rafe took off to go save it from falling into the water. I quickly ran to watch it fall. I couldn't help him since my arm was hurt so there was no point in trying to save it.

I watched as the crane let go off the cross and fall into the ocean. Rafe's entire body slammed forward into the stack of ropes as he held onto it. "Rafe!" I yelled as he slid. Every muscle in his body was pulling as hard as he could to keep himself from letting go. My head was all over the place. Pope and the girl jumped off the boat and Rafe was still holding on.

Rafe yelled for help and staff was coming from all over to help him hold onto the cross. "Come on pull! Come on!" Rafe breathed through his teeth.

Finally Rafe let go. I watched as the crew was taking off on the boat. Rafe walked and grabbed a gun from one of the crew members on the boat. I stood on the side of the boat debating whether to jump. "Brinley come on hurry! Jump!" John B yelled waiting for me so they could take off.

"Brin, don't you dare jump! You can't leave me!" Rafe yelled as he held the gun.

"Rafe, babe, I have to. They're my friends. All of this was for them. I have to." I walked slowly to Rafe.

"Brin, get away. I don't want to hurt you. Please don't leave. I need you." Rafe begged me.

"Babe...I have to jump. I know you need me and I promise i'll be back for you. I promise." He lowered the gun and grabbed me by my waist and kissed me passionately. This was probably the best kiss we've ever had. As he pulled away our foreheads laid against each others.

"Please come back to me. I need you." A single tear fell from his face.

"I promise." I gave him a soft smile.

"I love you." He kissed me again before letting me jump off the boat into the water.

I quickly swam and pushed myself up into the small boat. John B and Pope helped me in. We took off just barely a couple yards away from the boat. I watched as Rafe still held the gun. "Oh my God! Brin you're okay!" Sarah cheered happily.

"Yeah i'm good." I smiled at her. I felt the boat come to a halt as the engine stopped working.

"We gotta go!" Pope yelled at John B who was struggling to start the boat. "He's pointed at us hurry!" Pope shouted.