BAM

I parked my jeep at the dock where we usually picked up some beer

I parked my jeep at the dock where we usually picked up some beer. I knew this was one of the many places they could be.

"Guys! Hey! So what did I miss?" I smiled at them.

"Uh, are you okay Brin? Your mascara is smeared." Kie furrowed her brows as she pointed at me.

"Oh yeah. I'm fine. My mom and I ended up watching a movie after we got done with errands." I laughed nervously.

"How sweet! What movie?" JJ asked.

"Oh....I forgot! I'll ask her later!" I played it off and hoped they believed me.
oh
They filled me in on what happened with Pope at the nursing home and found out that pope was actually related to Denmark Tanny. How crazy is that?!

John B and JJ joked around with Pope. Honestly it was kinda funny and brought laughter with all the drama we've had in the group. Pope sat rubbing his head. "I just keep thinking about the letter, the one that Limbrey sent. It had the wheat symbol on it. Like, that must mean it has something to do with the royal merchant. But if we find that cross, we can split it like we were gonna split the gold."

A soft woman's voice spoke behind us. We quickly snapped our heads around. "And live happily ever after?" It was Limbrey herself. We were all taken back. Pope was angry with her for assaulting Heyward.

"Listen, we can keep negotiating, but the fact is that I want the key. And I won't stop until I have it. I don't have a choice, which means you don't either." She stated. Pope was furious.

I looked at John B who held a key up in his hand. "It's Limbrey,right? Is that right? Is this what you're looking for?" She replied with, "yes it is." He looked out towards the water and examined the tide. "Looking at the tide right now, I'd say it's about 20 feet deep out there. So, if I just threw it in the channel, the probability of you finding it again is slim to none. You wanna give it a shot? Ready?" John B pretended to throw the key and Limbrey freaked.

"As I have told you from the beginning, I am willong to be reasonable." Limbrey whispered to Pope. "Okay." He answered back. "I'll give you the key, but I want the tape." He demanded her. Trade for a trade I guess.

John B handed Pope the key and Redfield and Pope traded. "You know, I wish that you'd come to this decision earlier. We could have avoided all this unpleasantness." Limbrey and Redfield left.

JJ whispered quietly so only the group could hear. "How long do you think we have until she realizes she has your father's old key?" John B replied with, "ten minutes."

We found out it was JJ's idea to swap with a fake key. Meanwhile, Sarah hasn't been acting like herself but I figured maybe she was just having a bad day.

Kie, Sarah, and I sat on the front porch at the chateau. I continuously kept checking my phone waiting to hear from Rafe. The last thing I heard was the note from this morning. Sarah was upset that Ward was finally being turned in.

Couple minutes later we all rushed to the Camerons so Sarah could be with Wheezie while they took Ward away. John B was driving like a maniac.

"Oh my God. Can you please hurry? I need to be there for Wheezie" sarah held tightly onto the door while John B drove. "You think I wanna miss this?" He answered. He was thrilled Ward was getting what he deserved.

We all jumped over the cement fence so we could head down to the dock where everyone ran. Shoupe was already talking to him. The 6 of us ran down to where Shoupe was standing.

"Dad!" Sarah cried running to the front of the crowd. "What are you doing here, Sarah?!" Ward yelled back to her from the boat. "Vic, you gotta get her out of here! She can't be here right now!"

"Just come on in, and y-you can talk to her!" Shoupe was struggling to figure out how to get Ward off the boat. They weren't allowed on because of not having a warrant. "Sarah, i'm so sorry, baby. I can't!" Ward yelled to Sarah. He started pulling up the anchor of the boat. "What are you doing? Dad, no,no,no!" She was on the brink of tears.

Cops were surrounding the entire boat, in the water and on land. "You don't need her seeing this!" Shoupe yelled. Ward began walking inside the boat. Next thing we knew BAM! The entire boat exploded! Sarah immediately lost it. She was in tears bawling her eyes out. All of us were taken back. Out of no where Topper came running down the dock and held her. I looked for Rafe but he was no where to be found.

This was it. Or so I thought.

You guys we are almost done with book 2! Thank you so much for reading and voting! I appreciate you all.