I love you

The next day I was with Rafe, Sarah, Rose and Wheezie at their house

The next day I was with Rafe, Sarah, Rose and Wheezie at their house. I figured at a time like this regardless of the circumstances is when Rafe, Sarah, or even Wheezie needed me most. According to Rafe himself, shoupe and his minions arrested him yesterday but let him go free because well...Ward took the blame.

We sat watching a video Ward left behind for his family to watch. "I think, in the end, it was my fear of going back, of losing everything I have that made me lose sight of everything I am...everything I wanted to be. I killed Big John Routledge. I murderered Sheriff Peterkin." Rafe stood behind me shaking his head. I couldn't believe Ward covered for Rafe. "I shot Gavin Barnstead. I know there's nothing I can do to ease the pain I've caused. Many will say I took the easy way out. But I leave this world witj the terrible pain of knowing that I leave behind my family, shattered by grief, broken by my sins. I don't expect you to forgive me for leaving this way. I just pray you understand that...I can't go on ruining your lives anymore. This has to end. To all of you, I leave my estate, uh to be divided equally, and I leave a love deeper than I could ever express. Take care of each other." The video then ended.

Rafe had a drink in his hand and the rest of the family was in tears. I felt awkward and confused and drained from everything that's happened recently. I got up, gave Sarahs shoulders a squeeze of love and then proceeded to walk to Rafe giving him a hug. I looked out towards the marsh as I hugged him. "You okay? I know this probably wasn't the easiest thing but I'm glad your safe and here with me." He swallowed his drink and wrapped his arms around me. "I'll be fine. Thanks for being here." He kissed the top of my head and we just stood there.

Minutes later Sarah walked outside and grabbed her bike. Rafe and I chased after her. "Sarah. Hey, wait, sarah! Wait, wait, wait, wait. Slow down. Slow down." Rafe called after her. She slowed down and threw her bike to the ground.

"You touch me one more freaking time!" She shoved Rafe and went to pick her bike backup. "Sarah where are you going?" I aaked her and she ignored me.

"We can't keep ignoring each other. Dad wanted us to talk." He tried explaining to her. "When I tell you, you are the last person I want to talk to, I mean it, Rafe."

"I know you hate me. I know you hate me." My heart broke for him. He needed someone and even his own sister wouldn't listen. "You tried to kill me." She stated with her voice shaky.

"I know. I know, I know. I know, Sarah. I just- please.No, Sarah, Sarah. Please! Sarah, please don't leave, okay?!" He shouted for her. At this point he was on the brink of tears. "Dads gone. And now, it's just...it's you, me, and Wheezie. I know what I did,okay? But listen,,,Sarah I was only trying to do right by Dad, okay? Everything I... everything I ever did was trying to help him, okay? And you heard...you heard the recording." He calmy explained to her. "Come on babe, you guys just need some space. Be careful Sarah!" I grabbed his hand and we walked back to the house.

Before I headed to the chateau I showered st the Camerons and changed into shorts and one of Rafe's hoodies.

Rafe walked back into his room and we bumped into each other. "Hey, where you going?"

"I need to go check on Sarah and see if she's with my friends. I haven't seen them." I carefully explained. He still hated the idea of me hanging out with the group. "Just be safe. I'll see you tomorrow." He pulled me close to him with his hands on my hips and I placed my hands on his chest. "Always. Rafe? I love you." I watched carefully as his eyes went from tense to almost angelic. "I love you too." He kissed me goodbye and I headed to the chateau. That was the first time Rafe has ever told me he loved me.

EEEEKK Rafe loves Brinley!!! They're too cute!