"Rafe don't!"

^same vibes

^same vibes

The next morning I snuck out of Kie's house and left to go meet Rafe. I know i'm insane for doing so after what happened last night but what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

I made it to the Camerons without having to sneak inside past Ward. Rafe was already outside getting on his bike.

"Hey handsome! Wait, where are you off to?" I crossed my arms as he kissed me softly on my cheek.

"Hop on and find out."  He smirked and of course with a smile like that I caved, wouldn't you? Before we took of he paused. "Hey where were you last night? I went by your house and you weren't home."

I had to think fast. "Oh, Pope and Kie are just ya know all over the place. She needed someone to rant to her and I stayed with her." I nodded in hopes he would believe me.

"Oh okay." Surprisingly that was all he had to say. Easier than I thought.

We arrived at a very familiar place shortly after. "Rafe seriously? Barry's?" I sat with my legs straddled over the bike with my feet touching the ground, I kept my eyes on Rafe as Barry walked through his trailer door.

"Country club. Oh and country clubs toy. Now ain't I supposed to be blackmailing you or some shit like that?" He smirked at Rafe and I. This dude was the last person I wanted to see or even be around.

Rafe took his helmet off and stepped of his bike. "Have at it. The cops grilled me already. But what you have to say to thrm, I mean, half the town's said already, you know? You got...you got nothing, man." I shook my head at his words.

Deep down I know Rafe needs to be grilled and turned in but I couldn't see him go through that at least being at his side I couldn't see that happen.

"What you here for then? Come over here and rub all that shit in my face?" Barry was clearly not thrilled to see Rafe but also seemed defeated.

Rafe looked around before he spoke. "You used to work for water and power, yeah?" At that moment, I knew exactly what he wanted Barry for. The gun was in the drain.

Rafe smarted off to Barry and in Rafe's response to Barry was tossing him a hunk of cash from his pocket. "I need you help."

Obviously people will do anything for money, especially Barry's greedy ass, so of course he helped him.

We made it to the site and crouched down to the storm drain. "Ain't good, big dog. If that piece went down in here, it's either 6 inches deep in the catch basin in some toxic shit you definitely don't wanna be wading through, or it's way out there by that outlet. Now the easiest thing to do is gonna be flush it. Cause i'm gonna tell you right now, my ass ain't getting down there in that shit." Barry looked at me.

"You better stop looking at me because i'm not doing it either. I don't care what you say." I stood up and looked at Barry.

The three of us made our way to the fire hydrant looking thing that would flush water into the drain. "Only one way to find out country club."

Rafe and I looked at one another as Barry unlocked the chain. I just wanted to go home or do anything other than this. As we watched Barry we heard a scream come from the drain. I knew it was Kie's voice from the way she screamed and when I turned to Barry and Rafe, Rafe walked closer to the drain.

He laughed to himself. "Well their in the sewer."

"Rafe that's stupid, there's no way someone is in there." I laughed trying to keep him from flooding the drain.

He got super close to me as we made eye contact. "You're telling me that isn't Kie?" I gulped and stayed quiet. There was nothing I could do.

He marched to the storm drain after pissing Barry off and turned the hydrant. "Rafe don't!" I ran to put my hands in the way but it was too late, water was already flushing into the drain.

Rafe started to run off to the truck but I stood watching the water rise. "Are you coming?"

"I-I can't. Just go! I'll meet you later!" He kissed me before he ran off. At least I got a kiss.

I looked over my shoulder and Pope and JJ are running the drain. I tried pulling the top off the drain but I wasn't strong enough by myself.

"Kie! Hang on they're coming. I can't do it!" I shouted as she paniced.

The boys lifted the lid and Kie came bursting out coughing up water. "This wasn't what we were looking for right?" She held the gun up with a smile on her face.

I looked off in the distance in the direction Rafe took off. What would this mean for him?

Later that night I went back to find Rafe. I carefully went down to the camerons dock where the boat is and found him walking away.

"Rafe!" I called his name as I ran closer to him.

"Did your pogues survive? I hope not." He blankly looked at me.

"Um...Yeah she's fine. Probably has lungs filled with infections from sewer water but yeah I mean she's alright." I crossed my arms and leaned my back against the railing.

"Babe come to the bahamas with me. We leave tomorrow morning. You can go home and pack and we'll tell your parents you're with those pogues or something. Please come with me." Rafe begged. I was frozen, trying to figure out how to get words out of my mouth.

"No. Rafe no. You're dad would kill me. There's no way i'd survive the plane ride. Absolutely not. Whats in the bahamas anyway? Are you just gonna run away and leave me?" I threw my arms in the air.

"Why not? You leave me for your stupid friends all the time. You always do things for them! The one time I ask you to do something and you won't? Seriously? I'm your boyfriend. If you can't pick me....then I don't wanna be together." He stood face to face with me. His hands on either side of my body on the railing behind me.

"Please don't do that. Obviously I choose you if I would lie to the cops for you. I mean jesus Rafe I lied to my friends for you! Is that not enough?!" I shoved his chest making him back off. "My life is literally on the line! If you're not willing to figure this out for us....then maybe we should break up."

He grabbed my wrists tightly and placed his forehead on mine. Our lips inches away from touching. "Go! Stay away from me."

I cried hearing those words but I did as I was told and ran. Tears fell from my face and I ran back home.

AHHHH! How are we feeling about this chapter? Kinda crazy ik. Brinley is absolutely stupid but yet I still ship Rinley or Bafe? Whatever you guys wanna call it. Anyways stay tuned!