Chapter 21 The Awakening

(Pic of middle aged man) Snow's P.O.V.

Ugh, stuck with Nikolai. AGAIN. Oh, well. we were just about finished anyway. "Uh, hey.... Snow?"  he said with a lopsided smile that always, to my disdain, made my heart skip a beat. I turned to him, preparing my menacing retort, but to my surprise he had crossed the room and was right behind me, so that when I turned there was an uncomfortable closeness between us. However, if that wasn't bad enough, there was suddenly no distance between us; he kissed me.

Nikolai pulled away and, against my will, I blushed deeply, it was getting hard to continue being the tough one with no feelings. He then said,"I have..... always had.... feelings for you." Though I hated the fact, I did have feelings for Nikolai and it was wierd around him the rest of the day.

Suddenly, there was a shout of alarm; me and Nikolai ran towards the sound, which apparently came from the cell, in which we kept Jay and Echo. I saw the latter come running towards me with a long sword, but just before she stabbed through me I heard a scream and saw Dusk break away from Strider, who was apparently stopping her from running forward, and leap in front of me.

She stood facing me and managed to say something hoarsely. "Run... Please," she said a moment before her eyes lost their life, and her body went limp on the blade of Echo's weapon. 

I froze staring into the lifeless eyes of my closest friend, the one that had been with me from the start.

I then I felt strong arms pull me away from her and I watched as Echo rent her blade from Dusk's body, making it buckle and fall to the floor. I still felt dazed as I helplessly watched her body slowly looking farther away as I was taken by my friends. I couldn't process the fact that my very best friend was dead, and that she was killed by someone that she had taken in and befriended.That I had slowly befriended, how could I let Dusk save me...... die for me. 

My mind kept reliving that moment, watching her eyes glaze over and her body go limp seconds before she had told me to run. Run so that I could live, while she couldn't. 

I suddenly was set down on the cold floor and saw my friends trying to make me respond, but I felt as if I was watching through my eyes but yet that I was in a different body. I finally managed to wretch out  two words,"Why, Dusk?" 

I was asking her, but I knew there would be no answer. I couldn't cry, I couldn't move, all I could do was stare into blank space trying to process everything. I then heard a yell and vaguely saw Nikolai's face peer into mine with a look of pure terror. 

Then I heard rumbling above me and the clack of feet everywhere. I looked around and saw groups of men in black with Echo and Jay at their head. Strider, Hawk, Mountain, and all my freinds fighting fiercely, though they knew they could never win.

I looked around helplessly and watched my freinds being murdered around me. Then all who was left was Nikolai, standing before me, protecting me. Then I saw him fall to his knees and shout his last words which were,"I am sorry it had to end this way!!!" He was dead.

Echo walked toward me with an evil grin on her face. "I told you that Boss wanted you eliminated. Now you will be." The last thing I saw was her face, then it all went black.

__________________________________________________________________

I suddenly saw a white blurr. I then heard a beeping noise and someone inhale sharpley and begin crying.

Suddenly, a middle aged man's face came into focus and he said,"Miss Graham! You are finally awake." Apparently, he noticed my confusion and he said,"You've been in coma for two years."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this chapter was so short. It was super hard to write, I was crying like the whole time. You can pick up the story in BK; 2 The Awakening.          

                                                        -----------------------

~ Luna