Chapter 7 New Home

Snow's P.O.V.

(Pic of cabin)

As we ran towards the exit suddenly a hoard of No Furs wearing blacks suits and holding metal things.

Growling at them I was about to leap forward when Dusk yipped at me, "There are too many we have to make a run for it."

I nodded and leaped forward. I let out a scream of pain when something hard sliced into my shoulder, pushing past it I leaped over the No Furs. Leaping from head to head I slammed my good shoulder on the door causing it to fly open as I leaped out into the snowy forest. Looking backwards I saw that Dusk was limping before turning and taking off into the forest.

'She must have gotten hurt as well,' I thought as I ran through the pain and to the nearest village which was about two days away, just Dusk's nose predicted.

When we finally arrived to the village I sent in Dusk to grab some clothes. My wound had gotten infected, while hers hadn't. However, it was starting to look infected, but she of course told me not to worry.

'Who said I was worried,' I thought with a snort just as fabric was thrown on my head causing me to snort and jerk my head upwards to look at a No Fur Dusk.

"Hurry up," she said as she ran her fingers through her silver hair her brown-red eyes narrowing at me. "I noticed that the town's people have no where near as advanced stuff as those No Furs who changes us," she said.

She turned around to give me privacy, which I was greateful for. Changing into No Fur form, I pulled on a pair of panties, pants, a sports bra, and a large t-shirt. The pants were worn in and ripped at the bottom, but I didn't mind as I wiggled my toes and dug them into the cool, refreshing snow.

"Lets go," I murmured realizing that my 5'10 height was short compared to Dusk's 6'1 height, though thankfully only by a couple of inches.

When we walked into town everyone began to whisper and stare at us causing me to scratch the back of my neck nervously.

We turned to an old woman who was staring at us.

"Excuse me is there a doctor around here?" Dusk asked, while I hung in the back and impatiently awaited an answer.

"Yes there is. Just down the rode, the cabin on the right," she said.

Dusk thanked her and led me to the cabin where she knocked on it softly causing me to scoff. Another woman, this time younger, answered the door with a kind smile.

"Hello what can I do for you?" she asked politely until she saw Dusk's bloodied hip and my bleeding shoulder.

"Come in come in," she said ushering us in, we were sat down at a table.

She asked us to remove our shirt and pants. When I took off my shirt her eyes widened, there were scars criss crossing all over my chest, stomach, and a large scar on my neck from defending my territory. I was glad she didn't ask questions as she cleaned our wounds and quickly patched us up. "Ready to go," she said and I quickly left the house as Dusk stayed behind to ask about living quarters around the town.

I leaned on the side of the building and narrowed my pale icey blue gaze on anyone who was about to appraoch me.

Dusk left the building and walked over to me.

"Theres an abandoned cabin that nobody has lived in for a while, six bedrooms and five bathrooms and a large kitchen she said we could take it if we want," she told me in a quiet voice causing me to nod and push off the side of the building.

"Where?" I asked and she nodded to further out of town, which we walked to. It only took a ten minute walk out of town to reach it. We approached a large run down house.

"Needs a lot of work but its beautiful," Dusk said, making me to grin.

"Perfect," I said, as I walked inside being careful of the floorboards.

I went up to patch the roof while Dusk began the cleaning. We had settled it so that I would fix stuff, since I was a miracle worker with fixing up things. I first shoved away all the snow and scraped off the ice, then I began taking out the rotten shingles and replacing them with new ones. By the time I was done, the sun was beginning to set. Entering the house, I looked around at all the things I needed to fix on the inside.

"Nice job on cleaning it up," I murmured looking at the now clean windows and at the kitchen's basin, which was a beautiful rock design.

"Here ya go," she said handing me a plate with three sanwhiches on warm, crispy bread.

"Thanks," I muttered, as I dug into the appealing meal.

"Tomorrow I'm gonna start on the floor and then the ceiling. I found some extra peices of wood out in the shed. Have you seen to the bedrooms yet?" I asked, hoping to be able to go and lay down on a comfy bed. Dusk grinned.

"Yeah, yours is the second room on the right," she said as I finished off my sandwiches.

"Thanks, I'm going to bed," I said with a yawn, as I made my way to my room.

I looked at the room with a grin, it had large windows, the bed was big with a fluffy comforter. There was a dresser to the right of the bed and looking in it I knew that Dusk had went into town while I was on the roof and bought us clothes. I stripped down and stepped into the tub that was nearly full with hot water, sinking in with a sigh I bathed and washed my hair before drying off and walking back to bed. Climbing into bed, I let ut a contented sigh as I drifted off into sleep.

The next morning I woke up at the crack of dawn, slipping out of bed I began to cook breakfast since Dusk was still asleep. After making about 15 pancakes I ate five of them and seven stripes of bacon before beginning to work on the floor. It was around 10:00 when Dusk stumbled sleepily into the living room.

"There's pancakes and bacon, unfortunately we have so syrup," I said with a frown, which made her grimance before turning and walking into the room.

"Hey I'm going furniture shopping any colors you hate?" Dusk asked stepping out wearing knee high boots with long leather pants.

She had a tight tanktop on with a long coat over it and a scarf was wrapped around her neck. By the time she returned it was with a large carriage and many men to help us unload since we were 'ladies.' I began helping them and shot any of them a sharp glare when they looked like they were about to protest, which made them to shut up. Once we were done it was dark and I was exhausted since I finished up the roof after the movers left, the floor was also sturdy so I took a bath and hopped into bed.

Please comment. Criticism is welcomed, as well as, suggestions. We are new writers so it starts off slower. ;) 

P.S.

We had miscommunication problem so there were two Snow P.O.V. chapters.