Chapter 9 Strider's Friend

Snow's P.O.V.

(Pic of Nikolai)

I could tell something was different with Mountain, he seemed wise, but it must have just been my imagination. Shaking my head I stepped out into the dining room only to find it occupied by two extra beings except of Mountain and Dusk. Letting out a snarl I stormed to Dusk who was just walking out of the kitchen and snagged her arm before dragging her down the hallway. "What are they doing here!" I snarled after shoving her into my bedroom and slamming the door shut, Dusk glared at me her eyes filled with fire.

"I gave Strider too much money and he came over with his freind to give some back. so since they came all the way out here I offered to keep them for breakfast," Dusk said calmly.
"You can't take in any stray you just find on the side of the road," I snapped.
"I just invited them for breakfast!" Dusk snarled.
"Well still I don't like them on our territory," I snapped.
Suddenly a throat was cleared behind us causing us to spin around to see the two culprits. One was at least a 7'3 tall man with bulky muscles, he had rich dark brown hair that was a bit wavy like he had run his fingers through it.

I couldn't see his eyes since he was looking down at his arms which he had crossed, the other culprit had feiry red hair with green optics and was glaring at me. I glared back and struggled from growling at him.
"Sorry we need to be going," the other culprit said his voice deep and rough like gravel spoke up. Strider opened his mouth, but a second thought made him snap it shut.
"Alright goodbye Dusk, come on Nikolai," Strider said, as he walked out of the house with Nikolai right behind him.

Nikolai looked at me and gave me a lopsided smile that made my heart skip a beat.
"Sorry about the intrusion ma'am," he said with a nod before turning.
I had caught sight of his eyes though when he looked at me, they were dark amber, like a fire dying out with a few embers still burning. He softly closed the door behind him, turning I saw Dusk smirking as she had caught the whole scene making me snarl at her before turning and stalking into the kitchen. Mountain in there shot me a kind smile which I attempted back which probably looked more like a grimance.

Shaking my head I helped him make little pigs in blankets for breakfast.
"Those kids don't seem that bad, Strider has a mouth on him, but he is honest, and Nikolai seems a tad arrogant, but is polite," Mountian spoke up only getting an audible grunt from me.
"I'm going for a run," I told Dusk and Mountian before slipping outside and stepping into the woods.
Stepping behind a tree I stripped down and shifted into my true form. It had been a couple of days since I had been in my fur and it was causing me to have a shorter temper.

I stashed my clothing in a dry nook in the tree before taking off, my legs stretched far as they ate up the ground, soon the ground sloped upwards until I realized I was running up the mountian side. Letting out a yowl of excitment at the challanged I let my claws slid out so they could grab hold of the rocks as I charged upwards the icey slope. When I reached the top I spotted a house causing me to tilt my head to the side in slight confusion.
'How can anyone live up here,' I thought as I creeped forward. I noticed a faint trail that must have been carved out of the side of the mountian covered in gravel.

Trotting up to the house I sniffed at the front only to find out that I couldn't smell anything. Letting out a growl of fustration I nudged open the door and took a hesitent step forward, it was a drab inside with only a couple chairs and one table. I heard the something and moved towards the sound to find a familiar slim frame in the kitchen. Strider was humming out the tune, when he turned around and saw me he dropped the plate he was drying and leaped at least 3 feet into the air. Nikolai ran into the room but relaxed when he saw it was only a snow leopard.

"Seriously you dropped a nice plate cause you saw a snow leopard, come on," he said with a roll of his eyes causing me to snicker as best as I could in my fur form.
Strider glared at Nikolai.
"It was just watching me in the house, get it out," he growled and began sounding much like an enemy.
This caused me to let out a low growl and narrow my eyes at him.
"Wait look at her shoulder, I knew we weren't the only ones," Strider said as he spotted my mark, I knew it was my time to leave.
"Change back kitty," Nikolai snapped causing me to snarl before turning and bolting.

I heard Nikolai snarl and chase after me, leaping to the side of the mountian I skidded to a stop and turned to face the two men who were now a tiger and a very large bear. My fur bristled and fluffed out making myself look twice as big and screamed at them my eyes slitted with anger. A wolf suddenly joined me, barking at me I recognized it was Dusk as she narrowed her eyes at me. I snorted when she nodded her head signaling we should make a run for it and shook my head until she growled and nodded to the bear and tiger who I knew we wouldn't be able to beat.

Letting out a snarl of fury I turned and leaped off the side of the mountian where I disappeared into the forest with Dusk right behind me.

Please comment. Criticism is welcomed, as well as, suggestions.