Chapter 5 Transformed

Dusk's P.O.V.

I awoke in a large cage with food on the ground in front of me. It was, thankfully, real food, delicious rabbit, but I got no time to enjoy it, after one bite I knew my mistake. I felt a prick and everything went black.

I awoke in a different room this time, it had a black stretchy thing in it. I approached the stretchy thing cautiously and as soon as I was a foot away a cage dropped over me an the thing. The cage was so small I was forced to stand on the stretchy thing, as I sniffed it the black part started moving. It moved faster and faster, but I kept up easily. They sped it up till my legs felt they could run no longer, but I pushed on. It sped up again, and after moments I couldn't continue, I slowed down and the machine stopped moving. I felt a prick and it all went black.

I heard voices outside the cage I was in and I saw the rabbit that I had tried to eat before.
I lifted my head and heard a man say," Didn't you see that!"
"She could run 177 kilometers an hour, that is amazing, in fact it is 120 kilometers faster than the average wolf."

After a moment the other man replied," Alright, I will help you with your work."

Later that morning I heard a black thing land outside and in came another cage with an animal that had been pricked in it. They threw the animal in, it was a snow leopard, a she-cat.
Shortly after she awoke, they pricked her and I heard them say," Let's take her for a run."
That made me assume that they were taking her to the stretchy thing. They brought back the cat looking awed as they spoke about how we were so fast.
As she laid down to sleep I walked over to the side of my cage closest to hers and just as I was going to drift off to sleep I heard the No Furs say," After we test jumping, endurance, and strength we will give them the injection."

I woke up in a cage with a dead rabbit in the corner. The next thing I noticed was an enormous block attached to black things that were fastened tightly to my body. I was very hungry, I charged at the rabbit and found the block was amazingly heavy, but I pushed on with a new strength. The box got heavier and heavier, but when I was near collapsing and couldn't pull the block one step farther I was near enough to eat the rabbit. I tore into it and was only about half way through when I felt a prick in my side and everything went black.

When I awoke the second time I was back in the room with the running thing, this time I was attached to it with ropes. I sniffed and pawed at it for a while then it started moving. At first I was at a slow jog then I was sped up to a charging sprint, I was at one of my fastest speeds. I ran for hours or days, I didn't know. Then I saw no more I couldn't go one step further. I woke up later and saw a bowl of water and a squirrel I immediately ran towards them and ate the delicious meat and drank the cool, refreshing water.
Then after they tested my jumping abilities they said, "The wolf could pull 200 pounds and ran for 48 hours, not to mention they both jumped extremely high and far." Then they approached me with a needle filled with a greenish blue liquid. I was going to run but I was tired and slow. I felt the prick of the needle and fell into a dreamless sleep.

I felt very strange when I woke up, but nothing seemed out of sorts except I noticed the No Furs acting odd.
One shouted, almost screaming,"What did it do to us?"
I snorted and exclaimed, "Can't they ever shut up!"
Suddenly the snow leopard jerked her head towards me and said, "Did you just talk?"
Her eyes grew wide with surprise and I said, "Yea, so?"
Then I barked, "Wait, you can understand me?" We stared at each other warily.

"Maybe it is the stuff they gave us," she suggested causing me to shrug.
She then said, "Well I'm Snow and you are?"
"Oh, Dusk," I murmured distracted as I laid down on my stomach.
Suddenly, a scream erupted from Snow's lips, but I couldn't watch for long. An excruciating pain filled my body, as I writhed in pain I felt my bones shifting and my fur disappearing. When I was only slightly aching I looked down and howled. I was a No Fur.
The No Furs threw something inside the cage and shouted,"Put them on."
It was then I realized I was naked, I didn't argue, I quickly pulled a black piece with three holes over my head then I put on a piece which surrounded my chest. Then I put on a smaller piece which covered me in between my legs. After those I pulled on long tight pants that were dark grey.
I had long silver hair and a strange mark on my wrist. It looked like a ring covered with vines, inside the ring a beautiful tree grew its roots entwined with the vines, a majestic wolf sat beside the tree surveying it. I thought it was beautiful, but was too angry to marvel at it.
I heard the snow leopard shout, "Open this cage immediately so I can rip out your throats!"
The No Furs ran.
"Intolerable pests," she growled, then turned to me.
I said, "We gotta get of here and return to our natural forms."
Suddenly she exclaimed, "We can change back, just think of your wolf form."
I did I felt my bones shifting, the clothing I was wearing melted into my skin, which felt weird.

I surveyed myself and noticed the strange marking on my foreleg just above my paw. I looked at Snow and saw a strange band of fur that was pale blue it had spikes of ice that looked as if they were growing from the pale blue fur it also had a strange lizard creature on it. I glared at my lock with burning eyes and had a strange feeling. Up from the ground sprouted a beautiful flowering vine it grew quickly and wormed inside my cage's lock. The lock broke in two and I shoved my cage door open. I looked over towards Snow and saw her pushing open a door with a frozen and broken lock.

Snow urgently murrowed,"Let's go."

Please comment. Criticism is welcomed, as well as, suggestions. We are new writers so it starts off slower. ;)