fateful meeting

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑:

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑:

"funny, I once knew a boy named Kaz"

"I need you to ride to Kribirsk." 

Katerina and Aleksander were standing at the entrance of the Little Palace waiting for Alina to show up, so the pair could have some 'time alone' as Katerina put it. The redhead furrowed her eyebrows at the strange request.

"Whatever for?"

"I need you to observe the situation there. You know the winter fete is coming up. There will be many visitors." He glanced at the redhead. "And now that the Sun Summoner is here..." Katerina did not let him finish.

"You require everything to be perfect and safe..." She rolled her eyes with a small smile. ".... I know."

"Glad that we are on the same page then." His eyes then drifted at something behind her, or rather someone.

Upon turning around Katerina noticed that Alina is not wearing her black-colored kefta but still her blue one. She smiled in amusement before turning to face Aleksander with a raised eyebrow. He chose to ignore the look of his second in command and instead walked forward to greet Alina. Katerina, meanwhile, quietly snickered behind his back.

Aleksander motioned for Alina to take the white horse while a servant helped him take off his coat. After it was off Katerina offered to take the coat with her. The dark-haired girl took one look at the General.

"You're not wearing your kefta."

"Did you not like the color I chose for you?" Alina furrowed her eyebrows.

"You're the only one who wears it." Katerina cleared her throat while simply looking around, pretending she is observing the scenery around her. Alina instantly perceived her mistake. "I'm sorry. You two are the only ones who are wearing it."

The redhead smiled in success and bowed her head to conceal the smile.

"Tell me are you so anxious to be like everyone else?"

"It would be nice to know what that feels like, General." And with that, the girl hoisted herself into the saddle.

"Ohh, she got you there," Katerina whispered when Aleksander walked past her. He sent her a look and in return, the redhead raised her arms in surrender.

"Well, that day is not today." He mounted his black stallion and gripped the reins. "And please, call me Aleksander."

Before she could stop herself, Katerina let out a snort that gained the attention of the pair. The redhead swiftly raised her head and sent the pair an innocent smile.

"Have a nice ride." With that Katerina quickly turned around. She flung Aleksander's coat over one shoulder and strode inside the palace.

 She flung Aleksander's coat over one shoulder and strode inside the palace