betrayal at its finest

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍:

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍:

"she is the future"

Katerina was rushing through the rooms trying not to run into the guests. She was seeking a figure dressed in black. While crossing one of the hallways, the redhead looked outside through the massive windows and immediately found the person she was looking for. Quickening her pace, she ran to the nearest doors. As quietly as she could, Katerina hide behind a tree trying to hear what Aleksander and Baghra were arguing about.

Katerina had no idea of what tracker they were talking about but when Baghra mentioned the Stag, it piqued her interest. The redhead knew about the Stag, she and Aleksander had talked about it many times, yet she had no idea that the man had actually tried to find it.

Out of the corner of her eye, Katerina detected a movement. Shifting her head to the left, she saw someone hiding behind the trees further away. The boy met her gaze and they both instantly froze. He noticed the attire the redhead was wearing and narrowed his eyes in suspicion. Katerina seemed to understand his suspicion right away and raised her hands in surrender, then she put one finger to her lips, motioning for him to be silent.

The boy nodded his head and so they both turned to the conversation in front of them.

"You would use Alina against the rest of the world."

"You mean against our enemies? Without me, there's just her. Standing alone. She is all that matters now, not me. She is the future."

Aleksander had always told Katerina that Sun Summoner would be the only hope of tearing down the Fold. It was bizarre to think he wanted her for something else. Everything suddenly seemed to fall into places. The glances, the looks, the way how he acted. Katerina suddenly understood all, and it made her sick.

All this time she thought Aleksander was feeling something towards the Summoner. The redhead was even trying to give them space and nudge the man to do something. Yet all this time he just wanted to use the poor girl.

Katerina did not stay longer, she just wanted to get out of here. She knew Alina was gone, hence why Aleksander was so angry and thus had given away his intentions. If Alina would have been still in the Palace, she would've tried to help her escape.

Katerina was glad she decided not to dress up much for the celebration. She had her tight leather pants and boots and her shorter kefta, therefore the redhead ran straight to the stables to find a horse.

The reason why the redhead Inferni was not going after Alina was that she knew that the boy who she saw behind the trees is going to look for her. She glimpsed into his mind to see he was the tracker of whom Aleksander was talking about, Malyen Oretsev. Katerina saw the connection between him and Alina and so she knew that with the boy the Sun Summoner will be safe. She hoped, she is going to be safe with him.

The sole thing the redhead wanted was to get out of Os Alta. She wanted to disappear. Katerina will no longer be his 'most trusted guard', his pet. He had lied to her since the beginning and that is something the redhead could not forgive. She knew Aleksander is going to look for Alina and, eventually, her too.

Katerina was selfish to think that he wants his Summoner more than his guard. It was true, no matter how much Katerina wanted to think otherwise. He is not going to look for you. At least for now you are safe. Yet for how long?

The redhead allowed a few tears to escape which were dried fast by the wind that blew in her face. She was hurt, yet in the meantime she was angry. Angry at everything. She was angry at Kaz Brekker for lying to her in the first place, she was angry at Aleksander for not being honest with her and just using her, she was angry at herself for not realizing the schemes.

Katerina now remembered the night when she helped the man to fall asleep, if only she had glimpsed his mind. If only she had listened to that alarming voice in her head at the demonstration. The redhead remembered hoping that her ignorance will not bite her in the ass afterward. Well, now here she was.

Katerina forced the horse to move faster, away from the Os Alta, away from the Little Palace, away from the man who, without him knowing, awakened something inside the redhead Inferni. The fire inside her suddenly brought back memories, painful memories. However, this time the pain was gone. Of course, it was. There was nothing inside her that could catch fire. Everything that could, already burned out a long time ago.

She felt how the fire inside her was getting fiercer and hotter.

It was ready to be released, and Katerina was eager to unleash it.

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞:

' soo, here goes that. ya I know it's short as heck, but oh well. on a more happy note... we a getting some serious action in the next chapter. soo, I can't wait for it. 

if I will be in a mood maybe (just MAYBE) you'll get the next chapter today. we'll see. *wink* *wink*

Moony x