Chapter 10

Y/N POV:

I woke up and looked over to the alarm clock beside me, "Really it's only 5." I quietly said to myself to not wake up Julie. After I got dressed and got my stuff I needed in my bag for my classes, I walked into the common room and sat down on the couch.

I took the remote in my hand turning on the TV. I turned the channel to my team, the Oilers. I had recorded the game a few days before to watch when I woke up before everyone else, I started watching the game when I heard a door open down the hall.

The heavy steps walked down the hall into the kitchen, after a few minutes the tall boy walked into the common room and sat down on the couch beside me. "Who's playing?" Dwayne questioned and I looked at him for a slight second before looking back at the tv, "Oilers and Penguins." I replied, still looking at the tv.

Dwayne's POV:

I watched her watch this game, It wasn't a team I ever watched so I wasn't really paying attention to it. All I could think about was how pretty she was, I just wish I knew more about her, and why she was acting a bit off.

I stayed up half the night thinking about it, she was so cute when she got excited when watching the game. But she was a bit yelly when they didn't do what she thought they should, and she kept yelling, "AND THIS IS WHY YOU NEED GRETZKY ON YOUR TEAM." I thought it was cute that she was so into the game, most girls from home don't even know the basic rules.

After a while everyone started to come out of the rooms, a few of them sat down watching the game and the rest were either still sleeping or were eating in the kitchen. After her game ended it was around time for everyone to head to classes, I grabbed my things and headed out the door everyone following behind. Except Y/N who was right beside me talking about the game.

Y/N POV:

I Didn't think about Noah all morning but it all went downhill when at lunch my idiot brother walked up to our table, I looked up at him and him down at me, "Guido wants you to call him." He said quietly enough that no one other than me could hear, "What? Why?" I questioned in a confused voice. "Just call him." He snapped before walking away in a huff.

I rolled my eyes as the kids who surrounded me looked at me confused, I ignored them and picked at my food before standing up, dumping my food in the garbage and storming out.

Dwayne's POV:

I watched the Y/N storm out of the cafeteria, I looked over to the table of Varsity boys and saw the boy. I had noticed he was always quieter than the rest of his obnoxious friends, he was the only one who hadn't really been rude to any of us. But what did he say to Y/N that made her so upset, it probably didn't help that everyone at the table was looking at her not knowing what happened.

Everyone else finished eating and went to our next class. I walked into the classroom seeing Y/N sitting at her desk with her head in her hands, I slightly sighed as I walked over to her sitting in my usual desk beside her.

She had her walkman on and her hood on top, she dug her head farther into her arm as the room started to fill. Then like she had timed it or something she sat up and took her walkman off, tuning it off and placing it in her bag right before the teacher walked in. I have no idea if it was just good luck or something but it kind of freaked me out a bit.

After classes were over Wednesdays were our only day off and everyone went back to the dorms. There was a rodeo I wanted to watch so I rushed in front of everyone to get to choose what we watched. I usually don't care but one of my older brothers was competing, I rushed into the common room and over to the couch.

Y/N POV:

I was walking back to the dorms when Dwayne rushed past me which was confusing because he is always so chill and relaxed. Once I got back to the dorm I saw Dwayne sitting on the couch watching the rodeo. I slightly chuckled to myself before putting my bag in my room and joining him on the couch, I sat down beside him and watched with him. I soon heard "Carson Robertson." I looked over to Dwayne who had leaned forward in his seat, I watched as the older boy got on the bull.

The gate opened and the bull came running out the boy barely hanging on, he lasted the 8 seconds before dropping off onto the ground and running out of the way. Soon his score came on the screen, "That's not a bad score." I said still looking at the screen, Dwayne looked over to me for the first time since I had sat down. "No it is not." He replied as I quietly sighed glad he didn't realize what I was saying.

A/N:

The person lived in the country around Edmonton before moving to the US, so her team is the Oilers and it ties in later. (: but you could also pretend it's a different town. I'm just basing it on Albert Edmonton. and in this story Dwayne has 2 older brothers and a younger sister, I just picture him with siblings.