Chapter 13

Dwayne's POV:

We got on the ice. The entire school seemed to be there as we skated on, I skated towards the middle as Y/N skated up to me. "Good luck Dwayne." He said a smile that had been missing for the past week plastered across her face, before I could reply she was gone.

The start of the game went well. We got our first goal almost right off the bat but when Y/N got on the ice I saw her looking over to the varsity boys, I watched her as she looked like she was distracted and not by just the varsity boys but more than that.

This kept happening as everyone flew by her. She kept stopping and looking around for a second, then kept playing like nothing happened. I didn't want to say anything not wanting to push the line when it was just starting to get thinner.

The game went on great. I felt like a 100 bucks when I was gliding across the ice, but as soon as the 3 period hit it was a whole other story. in what felt like only a few minutes when the score was at 9-5 when Charlie slammed his stick against the goal post.

I felt my heart drop as the reff pulled him to the penalty box, not because of the penalty but because of Y/N's reaction. She seemed like her head was about to explode before getting out on the ice when the coach told the goalies to switch.

When Goldburg went behind the net and let the goal in, she smashed her head against the wall of the rink before literally sitting on the ground, everyone went silent not knowing what to do with her sitting on the floor of the rink. But soon enough the silence was broken by Noah, one of the varsity boys bursting out laughing as she stood up and went to her spot.

When Charlie got out the box he took the puck and skated to the goal not passing to no one, I saw the rage in Y/N's face as he skated down the ice with the puck. She watched him trip and the puck almost went in as the other team scooped it up scoring the tying goal.

Everyone walked into the locker room but Y/N, everyone arguing with Charlie as he tried to make a point and trying to get everyone to leave the school. and only a few seconds later everyone was shoving each other when coach walked in.

He threw a puck at the postings board as we all stopped in silence, he started to yell at us talking about defence as I watched Y/N walk in. "THATS FUNNY!" He snapped as she slammed the door behind her, making the attention go from coach to her.

"WHAT!?" Couch snapped back looking at her, "You are saying all this stuff about defence when I got into this school for defence and I'm RIGHT WING!" She snapped with pure anger in her eyes before turning around, opening the door and storming out the door slamming behind her.

After she left he told us that there was a practice the next morning at 5am and to tell Y/N before he disappeared through the door Y/N did a few seconds before. As he disappeared through the hallway Y/N reappeared the other way storming through the door and to her bag, "Who took my clothes?" Guy said as Y/N stood up with a confused look on her face.

Everyone exchanged looks before looking for the missing clothes, soon we found them. Them all drenched on the floor of the running shower with Freshmen stink written over it with shaving cream.

Y/N POV:

I looked down in the shower at the soaked clothes sitting on the floor, I felt myself get angry and started to remember why I stopped playing. I was way too invested in it and way too competitive for anyone's good. I walked over to my duffle placing my skates and helmet inside before zipping it up, throwing it over my shoulder and walking out as everyone else watched me leave.

I was so close to murdering my brother as I walked down the hall and towards the dorms, I pulled out my key and unlocked the door. I walked in, closing the door behind me and walking towards the bathroom.

I took off all my gear and climbed in the shower turning it on and standing under the water as it dripped down my face, as I leaned against the wall on my arm.