Chapter 11

Y/N POV:

After a while I remembered what Noah told me at lunch, and that he wouldn't have told me if it wasn't important. so I walked over to the phone and dialled the number, It rang three times before I heard the other end pick up.

"Hello Geido." I said as I leaned against the wall, "Hello." He replied and without stopping started talking again, "How's school going?" "It's fine I few things are a bit different than at home and I miss everyone." I replied as I watched everyone start to come through the door, "Well it's always going to be different." He said and a slight smile grew on my face.

"Noah said you wanted to talk to me." I said trying to wrack my brain to figure out why he was talking to Noah, "Oh he told me you weren't competing this year." I rolled my eyes as I heard him say this, "Geido I have hockey practice. I can't do my school work, Hockey, making friends and competing. I won't have time to do anything, like I could do it in the summer and how does he even know?" I said in an angered voice, "I don't know how he knew, I thought he told you." He replied in a confused voice, "I haven't told him not even talked to him, and why are you talking to him?"

He paused for a few seconds before he started talking, "I was worried about you and asked him if you were ok." I sighed and rolled my eyes as I heard the words, "Are you gonna ask if im coming home for thanksgiving next?" I replied in a slightly sarcastic voice, "You're not coming home for thanksgiving?!" He replied in a bit of a harsh voice, as I rolled my eyes. "Yess im coming home for thanksgiving im just making a point geido, I gotta go i'll talk to you about think in a few days." I said before hanging up and sliding down the wall, as I started to feel tears wester in my eyes.

Dwayne's POV:

I came into the dorms and saw Y/N on the phone. She seemed annoyed and slightly aggravated. I tried to look past it and mind my own business but couldn't help but listen to her conversation. She argued with someone about competing? I watched her argue then abruptly hang up the phone before sliding down the wall, I walked up to her sitting down on the floor beside her.

I didn't want to push a line, but she seemed so upset and I didn't want to just leave her there. I didn't say a thing but only a few moments after I sat down I felt her place her head on my shoulder, my heart started to pound as I felt her tense poster soften as her head felt heavy on my shoulder. All I wanted to do was pull her into a tight hug even to make her feel better for a slight second, and the feeling grew more and more as I saw the tears in her eyes and when I felt them start to soak into my shirt.

I adjusted my arm, wrapping it around her, gripping into her arm, slightly rubbing her arm with my hand, I felt her relax and my hand grazed her arm. I didn't want to push the line, I really like this girl and I had no idea what to do to make her feel better.

"Thank you." I heard her say in a hushed voice, as she slightly adjusted her head. "It's ok." I replied in a soft quiet voice as I looked down at her tear stained face.

Everyone was in their rooms doing their homework, as I sat my arm around Y/N as she cried. I held her close to me as I started to talk, "Are you ok?" I questioned in a hushed voice. She didn't say a thing she just dug her head into my shoulder, "Is that a no?" I asked, turning my head towards her. She shook her head before standing up and disappeared through the hallway into her room.

I didn't see her for the rest of the night and she barely talked to anyone on the team for the rest of the week, she barely paid attention in class and she was distant. And the only thing she paid attention to was Noah, she was constantly glaring at him and him at her. they didn't talk to each other just glaring and I have no idea why. 

Word count: 767