Chapter 23

Y/N'S POV:

A few minutes went by and everyone filled around the casket and in front of us, I felt Dwayne's grasp tighten around my hand as the priest started the funeral. Everyone said the prayer and I felt Dwayne's grasp on my hand soften. A man that I recognized from the church walked towards the group and unfold a jersey that he held in his hands as he interrupted the Prayer and placed the jersey on the casket.

"Whenever you touch the ice remember that it was Hans that taught us to fly." The man said and a few seconds of silence went over the crowd before Charlie walked away from the group and towards the lake. People placed roses on the casket and hugs went around as I stood a few feet away from everyone one with tears in my eyes still trying to make it not about me.

Everyone headed to the hall not long after and we had mini sandwiches. My family usually has fancy funeral food as a goodbye. It's just my religion so I was a bit confused as to why it was only sandwiched so I asked Dwayne. "It's because the family and loved ones don't have the time to put so much effort because they are morning their loved one." He explained as I intently listened, "Oh... I guess I was just raised different then." I said with a slight shrug and gave him a soft smile.

After a few hours we headed back to the school, just as we got back the bell rang and students flooded from the front doors. I'm just glad we didn't have to go through the school to get to the dorms and that it's a separate building behind the school.

Me and Dwayne walked behind everyone else and his hand was tightly grasped onto mine, we walked into the dorms and everyone went and watched a movie. I pulled Dwayne to my room and pushed the door open, Dwayne walked over to my bed flopping on the covers as he watched me walk towards the radio.

I quickly turned it on, unapologetically country came on. A giant smile grew on my face as I turned it up and started horribly singing the song, Dwayne chuckled as he stood up and danced with me, I stopped singing and danced with him. We both danced around my room and I saw that he was forgetting about everything that was happening the past few days and it made me happy. It's what my brothers always did for me when I was sad.

Next thing I knew it was Saturday, everyone decided the day before to play street hockey in the school parking lot. I woke up to Dwayne knocking on the door and quickly got ready. Soon after I was done doing my usual morning things I headed for the door just as everyone else was walking out, I quickly slipped my shoes as I picked up the bag with my rollerblades and other gear in it and locked the door behind me.

I quickly caught up with everyone and held Dwayne's hand as we walked behind everyone else. We walked towards the parking lot where everyone else were already getting ready, I quickly got my rollerblades on as all the other Dorm kids did the same. We started playing and I had the most fun with hockey that I had for a while, not that I'm not grateful for getting the scholarship but it isn't as fun as just playing for fun.

We played for a good half an hour when Charlie and the team's old coach walked up to us. Everyone skated over as Russ and Dwayne yelled at them to join the game, I stood there awkwardly as they quickly joined the game. I skated around with them getting a few goals here and there but mostly play picking on Dwayne and Averman as they did the same. At the end of the game they put their old couch in a trash can that we were using as a net and the other one over Goldberg's head.

that night me and Dwayne were watching movies as everyone was in bed, and once the movie ended I had a great idea. "Dwayne?" I said with a smile as I leaned up from his shoulder "Yeah?" He replied looking up at me, "Do you want to go on a mini adventure?" I said with a smile, "Where?" He said with a slightly confused look. "It's a surprise." I replied with a smirk placed across my lips, "Fine." He said standing up and extending his arm out to pull me off the couch.

I smiled as I dragged him with me out of the dorm, down the stairs and towards the school. "Where are we going?" Dwayne said with a chuckle as slimed back at him, "I know it's a surprise." He said with a smile as I continued to drag him along. I used the key that I had for the school that the principal gave everyone who stayed in the dorms and pushed the door open.

I quickly closed it behind us and locked it again before continuing to drag Dwayne along with me. I walked up to the locker room, pushing the door open as I let go of my grip on Dwayne's hand. I walked in and sat down on the bench and Dwayne did the same, I started to get my skates on as Dwayne did the same and when we were done getting our skates on we headed for the ice.

Dwayne's POV:

I followed Y/N onto the ice and watched as she skated around with the biggest smile on her face. After skating around with her for a while I skated towards the bench, there was always a rope in there. I took the rope, put a knot in it and made it a lasso. I picked up two helmets from the bench that for some reason were there and skated towards Y/N.

I handed her the helmet as I said, "Up for a game little lady?" I watched a smile grow on her face as I swung the lasso above my head. "Yee yah!" She yelled as she started skating away and I started after her.