Chapter 16

​​Y/N POV:

We pulled up to the restaurant and everyone came out of the vans, all in nice attire before walking into the building before us. We followed the waiter to the table that the entire varsity was sitting at.

I sat beside Dwayne who was convinced he had too many forks so I had to explain to him what each of them were for but he still didn't understand. Noah was sitting across from us and I kept trying not to look in his direction.

Everyone seemed to get along as everyone ate their food and everyone was talking. I tried to ignore Noah but felt myself listening to his conversations more than mine. Soon Rick stood up from his chair as he lightly hit his glass with his fork, Everyone's attention went to him as he started talking.

I didn't listen to a thing he said. I just focused on Noah and the obnoxious look on his face. Everyone lifted their glasses and so did I clinking it with the people beside me as I stared at Noah who was staring right back.

He had a guilty look on his face as we both snapped our heads towards Rick who was talking again, "Ok wait right here we have a surprise." He said as the entire Varsity team stood up and started walking away from the table and out of the room. I watched as Noah trailed behind them before looking back and giving me an apologetic smile.

"Guys, I don't want to spoil anything but I overheard something in the bathroom. It's a cake! Act surprised alright." Guy said as everyone smiled and nodded, I knew it wasn't just a cake. Noah wouldn't have looked at me like that if it was. I knew I was right when the cake came through the door with no Varsity boys and a note that said 'Thanks for dinner losers'.

The waiter passed the bill to Charlie and I felt my skin start to boil as Charlie read the number on the bill and everyone sat in shock. Next thing I knew I was in the kitchen doing dishes with Dwayne and Julie.

Dwayne's POV:

We got back to the dorms and made a plan. I convinced Charlie to get Y/N to be with me. He gave in after a few minutes of me practically bagging him. Everyone changed into dark clothes and everyone split into groups.

Y/N and I headed towards the stables. She seemed happy as we talked about the horses. We got to the stables and walked down to the back of the stable. I unlatched the gate and guided the horse out before placing a saddle and reins on him. I turned around to ask Y/N if she needed help getting on but she was already walking over to climb on.

She climbed on perfectly before saying, "This ain't my first rodeo." With the biggest smile on her face. I chuckled to myself as I walked over. She removed her feet from the stirrups as I realized she was wearing proper boots, I shrugged it off as I placed my foot in the first stirrup and jumped up making sure not to kick Y/N.

I took hold of the reins as she placed her hands around my waist. I felt butterflies fill my stomach as I slightly kicked the side of the horse and we started. I only trotted along making sure none of the varsity boys were out, making sure to check in with Guy on the walkie talkie every once and awhile.

We trotted along as I spotted Cole, I sped up my paise taking my rope from Y/N. "You a stray calf I said as I came to a stop. I I heard Y/N slightly laugh as Cole responded with "What the?" I lightly chuckled to myself before replying with, "It would be more fun for me if you ran."

Cole stuttered before starting to run away from us, Y/N was still holding onto the waist and it made me feel like I was on air. I chased Cole and quickly caught up to him. I quickly wrapped my lasso around the boy and just as quickly got off the horse and ran over to him.

Y/N'S POV:

I smiled as I held onto Dwayne's waist, we chased after Cole who quickly was caught by Dwayne's lasso and fell to the ground. Dwayne quickly got off as I felt go of his waist as he tied the boy up with his rope. Cole yelled and squirmed as I came off of the horse and walked over to them. "THANK YOU!" Dwayne yelled as I laughed.

Dwayne looked at me and took off the mask that covered his eyes. I felt my face start to turn red as I stared back at him. I really like this boy, I thought to myself.

Dwayne's POV:

I really like this girl. I thought to myself as I looked down at her and watched her face start to turn red. I looked down at my hands, taking off my gloves and letting them drop to the ground. I slowly lifted my hand up to my hat, taking it off. I felt my ears start turning red as my heart beat sped up.

I took a deep breath as my head started turning, I relaxed and gave in to what I wanted, stepping towards her and pulling her into a kiss. I felt her soft lips against mine before I pulled away. I watched as a giant smile grew on her face as the same thing happened to mine. "YEEHAA!" I yelled as she started to run towards the horse as she laughed. I quickly picked up my gloves and ran after her, climbing on the horse but this time sitting behind her.

I wrapped my arms around her, taking the reins in my hands, before we could start moving I heard Connie on the other side of the walkie talkie. "You two are so cute." She said with a chuckle and Y/N looked back at me with a laugh. 

A/N:

I hope I am not going to fast but I have had this chapter in mind since I started writing.