Chapter 19

[That box ^ ]

••••••••

"Where did these capsules come from?" Gulf spoke grabbing the box from under the bed.

"What capsules?" Nate who was confused with gulf's question asked.

"I don't know. There is this box with all these different types of capsules in it." Gulf replied turning on the speaker to put the phone on the bed and open the box.

"Is it like a first-aid box with basic medicines? " Nate asked.

"No. They look like prescribed ones. Not basic cold and fever pills " Gulf answers.

"Send me the pictures," Nate said.

"Yeah. But why did mew hid them under the bed " Gulf wondered as he took the pictures of the capsule tablets to send them to Nate.

"How are you so sure they belong to mew?" Nate spoke making gulf scowl.

"We are the only adults in this house. Who else do you think? Why are so stupid?" Gulf scowled not missing a chance to insult his bestie

"This bitch.. " Nate muttered making gulf laugh. Nate could not help up join his best friend's stupid laughter.

"I was thinking maybe it was left by previous owners or something that you found it today. Like in those movies " Nate spoke.

"It's not a movie, Nate. I vacuum this room every day. I never saw this box under the bed. Like never. It had to belong to mew. " Gulf replied his voice sounding worried.

"Don't worry too much. It must be some old medications or something that he forgot to throw away and somehow ended up under the bed " Nate tried to console but failed ridiculously.

"I know you are trying to console me but that is the ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Also, These are not expired yet. I checked they are not some old medications. They can be still be used for a year or so. Something is fishy, Nate. I can feel it. Something is terribly off " Gulf spoke as the tension started building in making his stomach turn weird in nervousness.

"Hey hey, Dont stress. Send me the picture. I am sure it's not that serious." Nate consoled him.

Gulf did not respond. He sent the pictures still an ongoing call with him.

"Give me a second.." Nate muttered.

All gulf can hear is silence as Nate started checking the photos. The silence made him even more nervous. He started biting his nails unconsciously as he held the phone to his ear waiting for Nate to speak.

Then he heard Nate sigh.

"Look gulf..." He started not sounding very convincing like a minute earlier.

"Bitch I can't look at you. Tell me!" Gulf shouted in nervousness.

"Ok ok. Calm down. Remember what we talked about mew few months back. A way long back when Avi used to spend weekends at mew " Nate asked carefully.

"Bruh. Fuck that shit. I don't remember anything. Tell me what are those medications are already!" Gulf exclaimed can't keep his nervousness on hold.

"Well...They are related to depression, anxiety, and...hm.Gulf? Are you there. " Nate asked when he realized gulf went silent.

"We talked about it right. That day... That day mew showed up at my house out of nowhere and almost passed out. Oh my God! You told me. But I did not take that seriously! Oh, God! " Gulf started talking as he paced around the bedroom catching his head.