Chapter 30

Adrien's POV:

  I  joined it.

 That is to say, I did as Nino suggested and entered the singles chat room.

  I saw there was a ladybug, along with me, someone who went by a bee, and another person who went by a monkey.

  I introduced myself as Chat Noir. It was the name I picked since it reminded me of a better time.

 I dared not use my real name in something like this.

 I was glad that the others were so polite.

I made the mistake of asking the girl who went by ladybug her status.

I assumed she was a girl anyway. Also, I felt sorrowful when I read her response.

To say I was shocked was an understatement.

 I wondered if she were someone I met before today. Then, again how was I to know as this was a chat room where no one went by his or her real names, let alone knew much about the other.

I  sat in my chair near my computer screen. 

My feelings were mixed when it came to this ladybug.

 I  sent a quick reply back that spoke volumes. I let her know how I felt.

 Not that it mattered anyway since I barely got over a broken relationship myself.

  Granted mine was not as far along as hers, but still, it was shattered.

  I  was not prepared for her reaction. Not in a million years.

  I mean it was far off from what I would expect for someone who went by ladybug.

  Who had dared to wound her in such a manner?  Whoever he was I was determined to be nothing like him.

   I  hoped in time perhaps I would fall for her and her for me.

  Maybe then my wounded heart would mend.

    Find out more in Chapter 31

   bye-bye, little owlets!

-Summer out!