i know u be coy

cOy
♪onlyoneof♪

jungwon looked up at the older boy standing next to the door. he felt his heart beat. beat. beat
how could he feel so elated yet so scared to see him?

"the-there's nothing to... talk about" he stuttered in between words even though he had already planned his words in his head a million times.

"yes, there is... you didn't yell at me when we were at the beach for nothing. you haven't been avoiding me for nothing and you haven't been third wheeling in sunoo and niki's room for nothing" the older said annoyed but somehow calm. he closed the door before getting closer to where jungwon sat at the edge of the bed.

"just forget anything happened, you're happy with daeun sunbaenim and that's great so i should just find someone else" he felt his heart beat faster and himself heat up as jay crouched in front of him. "wh-what are y-you doing?" he rubbed his sweating hands on his blue pants.

"jungwonie... we have grown a lot since 8th grade..."

"we're not talking about that right now... hyung, be clear"

"don't be so coy about your feelings"

"you're being weird, you should go home..." he saw the older's red face. he knew he was obviously a bit drunk.

"but-"

"go to sleep, im going to sleep in the living room..."

"jungwon, sunoo applied blush on me. I'm not drunk"

"whatever, i dont want to hear your weird words" he said moving away from the edge of the bed and to the other side of the bed before getting off and leaving the room.

"jungwon, come back" shit, why did i do that? i fucked up

"just so you can cheat on daeun with me?" jungwon asked, he had seen jay's seductive face many times when he was at parties with many girls.

"you know, i won't do that jungwon"

"well then what do you want when you look at me like that? let's just stop this weird thing you started, you have a girlfriend and right now's not a great time" he felt like yelling but didn't as he knew their friends were asleep or awake but he didn't wanna start anything.

"then let's talk"

"fine, what do you want?" he followed jay into their room.
he stayed far from him.

"do you actually like me?" jay asked looking away in embarrassment.

"i wouldn't just cry out because i didn't like you so of course like you"

"why didn't you tell me before?"

"before summer i didn't know and then you got a girlfriend"

"can't we just date then?"

"no... do you even actually like me? or are you bored of daeun?" although he had never seen jay play with anyone, he knew that dating someone while in a relationship was a major red flag.

"im not bored of daeun but i do like you"

"then make up your mind"

"what?"

"do you like daeun or do you like me?"

"can i kiss you?" he began to get closer to jungwon.

"jay hyung, what are you even talking about? you have a girlfriend, im not comfortable with being a homewrecker so either you decide who you like or-" before he could continue jay had kissed him.

jungwon widened his eyes before closing them and leaving behind his morals of not dating a guy in a relationship.
his stomach was in shambles as butterflies, sparks and fireworks went off.

maybe it was because it was his first kiss but it was the best he'd ever had. no thoughts but jay's lips on his. he had wanted this for weeks and finally he had it.

"dont you think i like you?" jay said letting go of their kiss. jungwon looked down as he blushed, he hadn't thought about it. but what did a kiss really mean?

"hyung, i dont want to be in a relationship with a guy who already has a girlfriend... we kissed but youve also kissed daeun so does that mean you also like her? people hook up with so many people which are only one night stans but that doesn't mean they like each other" he replied trying to sound nice about his thoughts. a kiss was just lips on lips, nothing much.

"but you're my first kiss with a guy..."

"and you're my first kiss, period. hyung please make up your mind before doing anything so we avoid ourselves getting hurt" jungwon said walking to their bed before tucking himself in.

jay stood in silence as he stared at the ground in deep thought. jungwon had confessed yet still refused to be with jay... because he had a girlfriend? wouldn't it be douchie if he broke up with daeun through the phone or through text?
it stressed him out so much to make a decision over who to like. he sighed before getting into bed.

✧✦✧

jungwon awoke to the day they would return to seoul from their beach trip which had become a failed mission, at least for his love life. sunoo and niki seemed to have turned into more and more of an grandparents couple.

one last time, he went to beach and he took a picture of the sea. he had borrowed niki's 80's polaroid camera that his mother had gifted him. he looked at the square picture with wonder and disappointment in his eyes.
how could a beach trip go so wrong?

"wonie, we're leaving" jake said patting him on the shoulder.

"oh... ill be with you in a bit let me just bathe in the memories for a bit" jake nodded with a small smile before leaving.

he lifted his head to watch as the sun started setting before leaving to his room and grabbing his bag. finally he got into the van that squished all seven boys in. he sat at the back between the two loverboys, sunoo and niki.

they had sort of become his protection squad after he told them his feelings. although they were always the closest, recently they had bonded more.

finally he looked forward only to see jay looking back at him. he wasn't even coy about it.

________
Two days later and i still dk if he likes me *_*. anyway i think he does irdk, it's so hard to read him. but like ig if he does then we'll date. in 6th grade it got complicated. i asked him if he'd be my boyfriend and he was like maybe and my friends teased us and it got awkward. taking it easy and giving him time is what i learned would be best. however if i do get rejected I'll still have a bf. yk my friend was like if you didn't like *crush name* I'd probably date you and tbh he's like a good guy to date and i told him if i got rejected I'd date him. and he agreed. idfk what's happening anymore tbh :)