[ Chapter 2 ]

THE NEXT MORNING

            *KNOCK KNOCK* "Hey Burden, wake up! It's time for our match". B-burden? as you jump out of your bed as you hear a loud noise from outside. You open the door and see Naib standing in front of you. "It's 8am hurry up, I told you to not be a burden but technically you are! Change your clothes and follow me now". You are in a panic as you change your clothes quickly as you wear anything you can find which is your white dress as you then follow Naib to the waiting room. As both of you arrive, you meet the Embalmer (Aesop Carl) and the Perfumer (Vera Nair). They do not look pleased since you were late, "sorry..." you muttered. As the match began, it was dark and suddenly you felt a cold breeze as snow landed on your head. "Snow? How come there is snow... where am I" as you look around having second thoughts of where you are and what are you supposed to do.

            In your hand you were carrying a basket full of sweets, that reminded me of your previous hobby which is baking. As you felt much colder since you were only wearing a thin dress, looking inside the basket trying to find something does not really help as you tried to walk through the snowy place. "H-hello? Is anyone out there? Naib?" you shout as he gives you a response "FOCUS ON DECODING". Decoding? as you continue to walk and find a weird machine, and you just guess, maybe this is the machine that needs to be decoded. While you are trying to solve that machine, your body starts to feel cold as you start getting weak. ".... I should've worn something warm if I knew it was this cold" you muttered to yourself. It took some time for you to figure out the machine as suddenly you lost your sight and fainted. The last word that came out of your mouth was "sorry I'm useless".

            "Mom.... Dad... I am a good girl... please do not hurt me, I will try to be better" Said (Y/N) in a soft voice as a man holds her closely in his arm, warming her up in the shack. Your eyes started to flicker as you felt a soft touch on your cheek caressing you with care. You saw an unfamiliar figure; his face is covered by a mask. You tried to stand up, but your body refused as you fell again into the unknown man's arms.  "You were out cold, it's better if you warm up and rest first" he said in a gentle voice. His voice was very soothing like a gentleman despite him wearing a mask. "T-thankyou kind sir, but... I do not recognize you. What's your name?" you ask.

            "I'm The Ripper, Jack the Ripper. This is our first time meeting each other" as I can sense him smile behind that mask. "Oh uhm.... are you the Hunter they are talking about? That survivor needs to be away from? Because you weren't in the survivor waiting room back then" (Y/N) said innocently. Jack chuckles "Well, yes I am. Aren't you afraid of me?" as he grins.

            "Why should I be afraid of you, you are very kind to take care of me... and your touch feels warm, I haven't felt that in a long time" you look down as you grip your dress. As Jack shows concern, he suddenly carries you bridal style "Hold on, I'll take you back so you can rest" you notice that all of your friends have already gone and you give him a nod as he brings you back to the survivor side of the manor. "My name is (Y/N), you told me yours and I won't forget it so please do remember mine" you smile at him.