[ Chapter 4 ]

Jack... you keep staring at him as he hums a lovely tune for you, he is quite a gentleman as you still being carried. You were wondering what he looks like behind that mask, it is not that you care so much about his looks, but you are simply curious. A hunter, so the other survivor must fear him ... you lost in thoughts.

"Here we are dear" Jack slowly put me down in front of the survivor side of the door. "Thank you for everything Mr. Ripper, uhm...we will see each other again, right?" you ask the hunter as you hold the doorknob. "Did you know there is a garden where survivor and hunters share? if you want to see me... I'll always be there at 4pm and I'll see you then" Jack answer before he quickly left.  Garden? you better ask Emma or Emily about it later since you bet Naib will not even bother to help you, you quickly open the door and what a surprise Naib was behind that door.

            "(Y/N)!... er, y-you made it back..." Naib said in panic voice. You are in shock, never knew he was worried "uhm, yeah I'm back". Suddenly Emily pulls Naib out of the way and give you a concern look, "Are you hurt? You're gone for hours; we are just about to go look for you". You smile softly as you told them you are alright thanks to the hunter, but her reaction is not what I expect it to be.

            "The hunter? Your match... it's with the Ripper, right?" Emily asks with a shacky voice as I nod in respond. Naib on the other hand just turned his face away not knowing what to say. "Didn't Naib already told you to stay away from the Hunters ?! they are cruel and mean" as you hear those words from Emily you just look down until you feel someone grab your arm and take me away. Naib dash out and take you back to his room, closing the door quickly as he muttered "Sorry (Y/N)". he let go your arm and sit on his bed, he is trembling as I quickly sit beside him. "I was given a task, but I didn't do it properly, it's my mistake" he sigh as he look down. You hold his hand and give him a soft smile, "it's alright Naib, people make mistake... beside now I know that you also have a soft side" as you grin, you can see his face turning a bit pink. "So, aren't you going to teach me how the game works and everything you know?" you tilt. After that conversation, Naib explain everything he knows and teach me how to play the match, most importantly about the hunters.

            Naib explain to you every hunter and finally Jack, the one I keep waiting to hear. "As for Jack, you should stay away from him! He is the worst hunter of all". you shake your head in confused, wondering why because the Jack you met during the match was kind and gentle. Naib notice that you look disappointed, "Just, stay away from him... alright". "Okay..." you answer softly, finally you ask Naib to help you look around the manor until you arrive at the garden. So, this is the garden, it is so pretty... I bet Emma is the one who take care of this garden.

You notice that someone was laying down behind the pillar, "Thankyou Naib, you can go back to your room it's getting late... I want to look at the garden for a minute". Naib gives you a suspicious look as he sighs, "Fine, remember don't go back being burden also don't forget to have dinner as we both missed lunch" as he left you alone. After Naib left, you slowly approach the pillar and see Jack laying down peacefully while holding a red rose. You are a very curious person as you sit next to him and you hand gently approach his mask, want to see his face behind it. "Curious little stalker, aren't you?" Jack suddenly reaches your hand and stop you from touching his mask.

Jack sits up and lean on the pillar while adjusting his mask, "I've been waiting for you, I'm glad you came" he handed you the red rose. "For me? T-thank you, it's really beautiful" you feel at ease because he is nothing like Naib describe as you give him a warm smile. You spend the whole afternoon chit chat with Jack, he mostly tells you about him and the other hunters in the manor. They are actually friendly, yet they have no choice to hunt survivors in the game. Same as us survivors.... We are here to get out from the game, yet we need to stunt the hunters in the meantime, it must hurt them too. 

Several hours have passed, the sky is getting dark as you both hear the dinner bell. "Never thought I would have a conversation this long with a survivor, but I really enjoy our moment together" Jack offers his hand to me as he stands up. You take his offer but suddenly he pulls you towards him, "Please call me Jack from now on" as you blush. "Alright, J-jack...uhm we should go now, the others will be looking for us". Jack salute as he bid farewell to you, you hope that you can see him again soon.