10. Blinded by the love you had for them

"If this isn't my favourite cousin ever!", a peppy voice piped in as Chaerin had the biggest smile on her face.

"JENNIE!", the woman yelled as she threw herself on the former who took her in a big bear hug.

"How long has it been since I have seen you?", Chaerin spoke as they settled in a corner at the coffee shop. "I think it was last year? When you came to Seoul?"

"Oh my god Jennie, we should meet up more. Its not fair that I don't get to see your pretty face often. Of course we FaceTime three times a week but I want to see your stupid face in front of me and not on a screen! I am so glad you flew to the states!"

Jennie laughed, her adorable cheeks popping on either side. "Aww, I am sorry Chae I don't come to meet you often. As your elder cousin, I should visit more. I promise I will. I am opening a branch of my jewellery store here in LA next month. So I have more reasons to visit this country and you"

"That's perfect! Jimin says the same but then he hardly ever shows up", Chaerin scoffed. "He is such a celebrity you cant even get a hold of him on the phone"

"Of course!", Jennie sarcastically added. "That cousin of ours is such a goody two shoes who goes around Seoul doing charity service"

"Charity?", Chaerin was confused.

"Yes charity. Since he so generously donates his time and body to women! Always open to providing them fuckboy services"

The duo broke into a laugh as they high fived one another. "Good one Jennie, good one. Seriously how naive is the sibling trio aka my mother, Jimin's mother and your father. He has them all fooled"

"My dad tells me to find me a man who is exactly a gentleman like Jimin", Jennie rolled her eyes. "Little does he know"

"Oh Uncle Han Gyeol, always so naive", Chaerin shook her head.

"Anyways, we gossip about Jimin all the time. Lets give that poor boy some rest. What's up with you? How's your friend Alison?"

"Ali's doing great. We went to Palm springs with Taehyung, Jimin and their friends. You know Taehyung right? Her brother. He invited us. It was fun"

"Taehyung?", Jennie furrowed her brows. "Isn't this the guy that keeps asking you out?"

"Exactly him", she giggled.

"Why don't you date him?", Jennie shrugged her shoulders. "He seems like a good guy"

"I don't know. I have my reasons for not wanting to date him. And you are right, he is a great guy but—you know—I am not sure"

"If not him then somebody else. How long have you been single? Actually girl, you have had only one boyfriend your entire 22 years of existence. Don't you think you should so something about it! Maybe date a little more"

"Uh—I, I just—", Chaerin stuttered.

"Wait", Jennie's eyes widened. "Why the fuck did your cheeks get so rosy? Good lord, which guy is it?"

"I am not dating him you know but—I do like someone"

Jennie gasped. "Shin Chaerin getting so giddy over a guy? This motherfucker better be a whole ass greek god"

The younger laughed at how dramatic the older was.  "That's him", she showed Jennie a picture of her and Jungkook which they took at the restaurant. "His name is Jungkook"