37. Seven years late

General shareholder's meeting
Woolworks, Inc

Seoul, South Korea

Subject: Invitation for General Shareholder's meeting 19/301/A

This is in accordance with the approval from Company's board of directors. A general shareholder's meeting has been requested by shareholder Coleman Capital to put in motion the transfer of ownership of Woolworks Inc from Areum Kim, CEO, Chairman of Board to Coleman Capital as per the rights...

.....

Alison looked at the letter in her with trembling hands. Jimin had been unsuccessful. Maybe that was an understatement. She probably got more pissed seeing her brother go against her and now she pulled the shareholder's meeting even closer.

"What is this?", Jungkook spoke up as he entered the room and saw Alison standing still and intently looking at a piece of paper.

She turned back and handed it to him and Jungkook quickly scanned the contents. His eyes widened as he looked at her. "I thought we had time! Wasn't it supposed to be next week?"

"Yes", Alison sighed. "She must have not liked Jimin taking our side so she is trying to end this as early as possible. I am just lost Jungkook. I don't know what to do. On one side dad's situation is going to shit and on the other I feel like I haven't done anything to save my own company either"

"Was our legal team able to help? I put in a word with Hoseok Hyung's dad and Namjoon Hyung. They both said their companies could provide money to pay of imminent creditors. Rest of it we can just raise some money for and re-finance"

"And then what?", Alison got irritated. "There is nothing we can do with the Company. If we aren't able to sell the steel we make, who will take a risk with us? Its going to be a dead company all over again. We will not be able to even make enough money to pay Namjoon and Hoseok back. Getting money from somewhere is not the answer. We need to get the Company back on its feet. And we are not going to be able to do that till Chaerin has influence over the European steel board"

"Was she behind the ban?", he asked unsure. "Are we sure on that?"

"Yes Jungkook", Alison replied. "I know she was mocking me the other day about it. So I went home and called a couple of people. And guess what?", with that she opened her phone and searched something to show to Jungkook. "This is president of the board with someone we are both familiar with"

Jungkook narrowed his eyes until it struck him. Jason Coleman. Chaerin's friend of years. He looked at Alison in realization and the woman sighed.

"The people backing her up are very powerful. Let's admit it Jungkook. This is an uphill battle we have taken without knowing the outcome"

Jungkook sighed as he couldn't get himself to respond. Maybe Alison was right. They had been too ambitious in trying to convince Chaerin. "I see no way out of this", Alison's voice broke as she looked at him. "Frankly, I am tired. I don't have it in me to put a tough front and fight. She can have her way. Let's get this over with Jungkook"

With that she walked away to another room. Jungkook closed his eyes as a tear smeared his cheek. He crumpled the paper as he threw it to the side. He heard some rustling behind him and turned his head to see Esther who had quietly sneaked into the room. But seeing her father crying, her excited demeanor broke as she hugged her pet rabbit cushion and stood there. "Dadda", she softly spoke. "Why are you crying?"