18. I am used to admiring art

Taehyung sat beside his parents as he patiently waited the arrival of the other family. He vividly tried to recall the girl's face as he had seen in that picture. She was pretty.

Not as pretty as Chaerin though.

Stop it, his brain warned.

He remembered every little detail he had been told by his mother about the girl. That was going to be his conversation starter so he did not want to get anything wrong. Her name was Arin. She was 24. She studied History and Korean language at NYU for her undergraduate degree and pursued a masters in art history at Brown. She was smart.

Not as smart as Chaerin though.

Enough, his brain yelled.

His eyes fell on the pond at the edge of their outdoor breakfast space where a few fishes swam. His eyes curved up in smile as he observed them, igniting a memory from his past.

"Yes that is Nishikigoi carp, also known as Japanese carp. More popularly people call them Koi fish. You can identify them through the distinctly red spots against the white scales. They were first named in the Niigata prefecture of Japan and were actually bred by farmers. They are symbols of love and...."

"Chaerin he only asked you what the fish's name was. Why are you reciting all this extra stuff like Siri reading search information...?"

A 17 year old Taehyung chuckled as he saw his sister scold her best friend. Their parents had recently added this pond into the landscape with over 45 fish species. As the trio stood there, Chaerin had managed to name 33 of them and cried because she didn't know what the rest 12 were.

Chaerin stood there, not understanding what was wrong with his actions. Alison sighed. "We don't want the history of the fish. Just the name please", she expanded.

"Ahh, got it", the other said.

"They are anyways going to become fish and chips when I bring my new fishing set out", Alison laughed. Chaerin looked at her aghast. "22 of these are poisonous and not fit for human consumption. If you are lucky enough you might catch one of those"

"Lucky enough!?", Alison scoffed. "You bitch", she proceeded to hit her before it became a full on cat fight.

"Hey Alison, no cursing", he scolded his younger sister. "You are too young to be calling someone a bitch. And definitely no calling Chaerin that", he warned.

The woman rolled her eyes at her brother before continuing to talk to Chaerin like they just weren't hitting the shit out of each other seconds ago.

"In case you think you can eat one of those", a new voice spoke from behind. "You cannot"

He immediately turned to see a girl standing there. She was wearing a formal powder blue dress and had her shoulder length hair curled slightly. His eyes noticed a custom Hermes bag in her hand. She has taste, I know Alison would kill for that bag.

Seeing his parents stand up and greet the elders he realized she was Arin. He too stood up with a smile as he put his hand forward. "Too bad, I was planning on catching this fish and preparing a wonderful meal for a beautiful lady myself"

Arin smiled as she heard this, taking his hand in hers. "Arin"

"Taehyung"

"You are even more handsome in person", she remarked and he was taken aback at this straight forwardness. "Thank you, that is quite direct", he laughed.

"I am used to admiring art", she followed up. "And I know a beautiful piece of work when I see it", she shamelessly flirted like their parents weren't sitting on the table beside.