9. The clouds rain when it gets heavy

"Alison"

"Hmm"

"Did something happen?"

"No. Why?"

"You seem awfully quiet"

Alison turned to the side to see Chaerin looking at her. "I am all right, why do you say that?", with that she popped a popcorn in her mouth.

"I don't know", the other woman shrugged her shoulder. "Something feels off. I have known you long now. I can even sense when you are breathing differently. And right now you are very silent and its not a comfortable silence"

Alison laughed a bit. "I swear, its nothing crazy. I am just feeling mentally exhausted. Taehyung kinda told me to get more serious about my career and professional life. He gave his serious 'big brother' talk. That is just what is on my mind"

"Are you sure?", Charein asked, turning her body sidewards to completely face Alison. The movie rolled in the background as the friends conversed. "I mean he has done it before a number of times and every time you have just casually dismissed him"

"This time it was different. There was no playfulness to it. And now I am getting older and about to graduate. So I should really think about it"

"Are you really fine? You know you can talk to me. Whatever it is. We have practically no secrets. For gods sake, I have seen you take the nastiest dump of your life", Chaein made a disgusted face. "Nothing can be worse"

"Hey! I told you not to bring it up. I was just constipated that day because I had one too many cashew pies", she shook her head. "And I am sure Chae, it is nothing worrisome"

"Okay then. So what do you want to eat for dinner? I'll make it for you. How about the Spicy garlic noodles that you love? Its been so long since we had it. Let's eat that"

"Uhh", Alison shook her head. "I am not sure. I am—I am on a diet. Really gotta work on this fat", with that she sighed at the belly rolls that popped when she sat down.

"Uh miss, you have broken your diet a lot of times for those noodles. So don't act mighty about it now. I know you want it baby girl", with that Chaerin seductively bit her lip and winked at the girl. "Let those noodles give you a good time"

"You look like a creepy pervert I'd pepper spray on the streets", Alison broke into a laugh. "If that is how you attempt to seduce men, I am surprised you are not in jail yet. Anyways, let's eat the noodles. Been a while"

Chaerin chuckled. "Yesss! I'll go make it. And I'll make them extra buttery, just the way you like. Oh wait, I have some rice lying around as well. I'll make delicious Kimchi fried rice on the side too!!! With mozzarella!! Just the way you like it"

Alison watched as Chaerin skipped her way through the room and to the kitchen. A smile formed on her face at the woman who literally looked after her like a mother. She pulled the pillow in her lap closer, feeling a pang of emotions. Of course she was still carrying the feelings from a couple of days ago when Jungkook and Chaerin went out. But after that, she had seen the duo FaceTime on two different occasions.

She knew the direction in which this was going to escalate. She knew how amazing her best friend was. No one could resist her charms and genuine personality. She ran a hand over the pillow taking a deep sigh. Shaking her head, she tried to dismiss those thoughts. If Chaerin wanted to date Jungkook, she was always going to be supportive of her.

———•••———

"Jungkook"

"Yes Bryan"