Chapter-2

Notes:

This is cross posted to my Fanfiction site under the same name as it is on here. A few things before you begin reading. Ash is older at the start of his journey than in cannon. He is 16 years of age. Ash will be a bottom in his relationships. He will also capture pokemon he had not during the cannon episodes. He will know or be taught how to use Aura since I feel like they really failed in using it to its potential in the episodes. If there are anymore details I'll be sure to address them as they come up.

Main Pairing: AshxPaul

Side pairing: AshxGary (One sided on Gary's part)

Rating: M (to be safe)

Disclaimer: I do not own pokemon it belongs to Game Freak, Nintendo, Creatures, The Pokemon Company, etc, nor do I write this for profit. This is for entertainment use only.

Enjoy! And don't forget to leave a review!

Chapter Text

Ash and Pikachu had kept walking through the last half of the day only stopping for bathroom breaks or for food before continuing on their journey. On the route they were on it was blessedly covered with trees to break up the sun's harsh rays. Ash and Pikachu had spotted a few pokemon and a few that would actually let Ash scan them with his pokédex after offering them a bit of food. It wasn't until the sun started to set that Ash and his mouse ran into a rather large pinkish purple pokemon.

It had large ears with a rather large horn and a good set of teeth. Ash could see its barbs stand on point as they approached as it tried to make itself seem more dangerous so Pikachu wouldn't attack it. Ash was shocked at it since Nidoran were usually skittish pokemon that ran away from others not in its herd. "Pikachu?" he asked as he looked at his buddy. Pikachu eyed the pokemon before nodding and getting in a fighting stance.

"Alright! Let's start with Quick Attack! Avoid the barbs!" he called out as he moved back slightly to give Pikachu room to fight. This was also the first time he fought with the yellow mouse. With a small growl Pikachu rushed the Nidoran causing the pinkish pokemon to try and dodge the attack, but Pikachu was a bit too fast as the yellow mouse tackled it in its side. The Nidoran let out a small squeak as it was thrown into a tree with a loud bang.

"Now! Pikachu use a low powered Thunder!" Ash said as he eyed the slightly trembling pokemon as the Nidoran got up from the harsh attack. The mouse charged electricity making his cheek sacs glow before letting out a screech with his lighting striking the Nidoran. It wasn't too long after that; that the Nidoran fainted with slight twitches to his muscles. Ash grabbed a pokeball and threw it giving small thanks to the homing device that was in the machines system as the red and white ball tapped the downed pokemon to suck it in.

He watched the ticking pokeball in anticipation as Pikachu sat back on his hind feet. After three clicks the red light on the balls button faded and clicked signaling a successful capture. "Yes!" Ash said as he pumped his fist. He walked over and grabbed the ball before putting it in his ball belt, "Good job Pikachu! We got a new friend!" he said as Pikachu jumped up on his shoulder with a satisfied coo.

Ash decided to wait to release Nidoran after he was healed at a Center since he didn't really have any potions. His little town didn't have a PokéMart in it and he forgot to remind his mom to get him some before he left. He did keep an eye out on helpful berries out in the wild and if he found an Oran berry he would then release Nidoran to officially meet his new pokemon.

"Let's camp here Pikachu," he said as he stopped in a little clearing. It was bare and void of any evidence of pokémon so Ash thought it would be a great place to camp. He quickly gathered some wood so he could cook some food for them both since he wanted to save his gas camp cooker in case it rained and he needed to camp out in a cave. "What do you want to eat?" he asked Pikachu as he pulled out a few berries he gathered along the way, unfortunately he didn't find any Oran berries or any Cheri berries, but he did have Nanabs, Sitrus, and Pecha. Unfortunately he couldn't use the Sitrus on Nidoran since the pokemon needed to be awake for it.