Chapter-34

Ash woke up slowly the next morning and just simply laid in his bed enjoying the warmth and cuddles. As he moved his legs he felt a rather large body where he had moved his legs to and assumed Zoroark had, at some point in the night, had gotten into the bed to sleep with them. He reached down, with his eyes still closed since he was still half asleep, to run his hand over Zoroarks' head. The fur under his hand was soft and silky, and not the slightly rough feel that was Zoroarks' fur, and the ears were rounded where his fox had pointed ears.

Ash shot up in bed and looked to where his hand was and saw a large black body curled up and softly purring. Bright gold eyes blinked open and Persians' head turned to gaze at her trainer with an expression filled with amusement. "Persian," Ash said softly as he adjusted how he was sitting, "Look at you!"

A long black tail flicked a bit as her trainer, who she was beginning to think of as her kit, continued to praise her looks. She had finally felt safe and loved enough to evolve. It also helped that she was getting over her fear of other pokémon. Her pack mates certainly helped with that. Persian really wanted to show her kit that it wasn't a mistake in keeping her. She didn't like how that other kit had spoken to her kit and how she wished she had evolved then and there and tore him open with her claws. She was happy though that she could surprise her kit. He had been hurt enough.

"I think the others are going to be very surprised when they see you," Ash said softly as he scratched under her chin. Her purrs grew louder and she gently started to groom the arm of her kit. Persian knew her tongue could be rough, since it was generally used to groom fur and not skin, so she didn't press all that hard with her tongue.

"Let's get the others up and go down for breakfast," Ash said after a moment of silent bonding between human and newly evolved pokémon. Persian yawned before carefully getting up to get off the bed. Vulpix, who Ash had not seen, tumbled over from where she had been laying beside the larger feline. The startled fox kit let out a small yelp as she scrambled to her feet.

"It's okay Vulpix," Ash said softly as he touched her cold fur, "Meowth just evolved." His fingers tingled a bit and when he pulled his hand back the very tips of his fingers were a bright red. He blew warm air on them as he got off the bed and opened the door to let everyone out to go downstairs. Ash quickly got dressed, but was careful when he put on his shorts, before looking over what was in his bag. After deeming everything in his bag was what he needed he shouldered it before heading down.

Halfway down the stairs Ash heard his mother greeting everyone and giving Persian compliments. He smiled as he saw Persian preening at the words and he watched curiously as the gem on her forehead glowed before it faded a bit. Since no one was looking at him he brought up his watch and scanned the feline before letting his arm drop. He would look at the entry later when they were at the pastures.

"Morning Mom," Ash greeted as he stepped forward towards the table. He took off his bag as his mother greeted him back as he sat down.

"By the way!" Delia said as she placed a plate of food in front of her son, "I finished the jacket last night!"

Ash looked at her confused for a moment before realization filled him. "Oh!" Ash exclaimed as he sat up straighter abandoning his food for the moment, "Where is it?"

Delia let out a giggle as she told her son to start eating while she went to grab it. She had already eaten seeing as she woke up hours ago and had added a few finishing touches to the cloak turned jacket. Once she had grabbed it she brought it back to the kitchen and hung the garment bag, that she had placed the jacket in, on the cabinet handle. She hummed softly as she unzipped the bag and carefully pulled out her creation so the bag still hung behind the jacket, but the jacket was fully exposed.