Chapter-12

Notes:

This is cross posted to my Fanfiction site under the same name as it is on here. A few things before you begin reading. Ash is older at the start of his journey than in cannon. He is 16 years of age. Ash will be a bottom in his relationships. He will also capture pokemon he had not during the cannon episodes. He will know or be taught how to use Aura since I feel like they really failed in using it to its potential in the episodes. If there are anymore details I'll be sure to address them as they come up.

Main Pairing: AshxPaul

Side pairing: AshxGary (One sided on Gary's part)

Rating: M (to be safe)

Disclaimer: I do not own pokemon it belongs to Game Freak, Nintendo, Creatures, The Pokemon Company, etc, nor do I write this for profit. This is for entertainment use only.

Enjoy! And don't forget to leave a review!

I do want to thank everyone who has left a review so far!

A/N: THIS IS PART 4 OF A MASSIVE UPDATE! (4/9)

Chapter Text

Ash and his team had been on the road for the last week after leaving Cerulean. During the last week he started training Charmander since the small reptile had gotten himself worked up after seeing the last gym battle. The dark haired teen wasn't sure if he would put Charmander against Surge, but most likely he wouldn't seeing as he was just a baby and he knew Surge was hard to beat.

He had just sat down under a tree for a break when his Xtransceiver rang. Nidorino perked up as he heard the noise but then laid down when he saw it was just his trainers' wrist making noise. Bringing his wrist up as saw that it was his mother calling and he quickly answered it. He knew better than to ignore calls from the Professor.

"Ash!" Oak looked at the dark haired trainer on the line with a wide smile on his face, "How are you doing?"

Ash sent him a smile before saying he was doing good and that his egg was close to hatching if the band around his egg was reading everything right. He had been obsessing over the little monitoring app after the conditions of the egg changed a few days ago. It went from saying the baby inside was moving a small bit to it moving more often. He knew, from learning from said old man on the line, that an egg was really close to hatching when the baby inside the egg moved a lot.

"That's fantastic!" Oak said as he clasped his hands together, "So where are you heading now?"

"I'm about two hours out from Saffron," Ash said as he pulled up the map on his 'dex.

"Great! I need you to do something, but don't worry! It's for you," Oak replied before he began to explain what he needed, "Recently the police in the area as well as a few Ace Trainers had raided a building in the outskirts of the town. When they got there the conditions of the pokémon that were being held there was appalling. They've been calling around for trust worthy trainers to take in the pokémon that were healthy enough to be taken. I was hoping you were open to receiving one of them?"

Ash bit his lip as he listened to Oak. He wasn't so sure he could take another pokémon at the moment. He had just gotten Charmander and his egg was due to hatch any day now, but this was what the professor was paying him for. "Okay," Ash said agreeing to take in one of the pokémon, "Do you know what kind it is?"

Oak shook his head as he replied, "All I know is that it is one of the worse treated pokémon in the bunch and that it is a psychic type. The police chief, Julia Jenny, said that it was very timid and easily frightened."

Ash nodded and asked where he was to get the pokémon before the call ended. Oak told him that he would call ahead and let the police know he was coming to get the pokémon in question. With that he got up and continued on his way to the city.