Chapter-18

Notes:

This is cross posted to my Fanfiction site under the same name as it is on here. A few things before you begin reading. Ash is older at the start of his journey than in cannon. He is 16 years of age. Ash will be a bottom in his relationships. He will also capture pokemon he had not during the cannon episodes. He will know or be taught how to use Aura since I feel like they really failed in using it to its potential in the episodes. If there are anymore details I'll be sure to address them as they come up.

Main Pairing: AshxPaul

Side pairing: AshxGary (One sided on Gary's part)

Rating: M (to be safe)

Disclaimer: I do not own pokemon it belongs to Game Freak, Nintendo, Creatures, The Pokemon Company, etc, nor do I write this for profit. This is for entertainment use only.

Enjoy! And don't forget to leave a review!

I do want to thank everyone who has left a review so far!

Chapter Text

Ash sat up quickly and reached over to grab the ball. He shot a look at the closed door then at the other pokémon in the room. He bit his lip softly before shoving his feet in his shoes then grabbed his wallet and room key before yelling at Paul that he needed to go grab something at the store before leaving the room. As usual Pikachu hopped onto his shoulder before he left the room.

Ash hurried out of the door of the Center and made his way to the woods where he felt the safest releasing Mewtwo. Once he made sure there was no one around he released his companion.

"Mewtwo," Ash greeted with a smile and a nod, "Have a nice nap?"

Bright purple eyes, still a bit bleary from sleep, focused on him as Mewtwo spoke, "Indeed. How long have I been out?"

Ash hummed as he switched on his watch and pulled up a calendar. "A little over a month," Ash said as he looked up at the creature, "I was getting a bit worried that you slept that long, but I didn't want to disturb you and I've been traveling with another human the last two weeks."

Mewtwos' tail twitched a bit as the creature nodded and said, "I am not surprised I slept that long. I used a great deal of my power just before coming to you."

"Are you okay?" Ash asked in genuine concern. Mewtwo didn't look so beat up when he appeared for sleep.

Mewtwo merely nodded. "The human that made me found me and tried to beat me down enough to capture me once again for his own gain," the creature explained, "I won against his pokémon and appeared before you."

"As long as you're sure you're okay," Ash said as he gave Mewtwo a nod, "What are you going to do now?"

The creature stretched a bit moving its head side to side as if to stretch its neck muscles a bit. "I have found an island that I have decided to make my own," Mewtwo said softly, "I was contemplating on asking a request of you and one of your pokémon."

Ash furrowed his brows in confusion. A request? If he could grant it, if it was in his power, he would. "What is it?" Ash asked as Pikachu moved a bit on his shoulder.

"I wish to train one of yours," Mewtwo said bluntly, "the fight with the humans that created me has shown me that I am not invincible like I have once thought. I need to get stronger and I would like to train one of your pokémon so if something did happen to me the world will still know of me and so that you and yours are safe. I know you can depend on the others of your family, but this will make me feel better."