Chapter-5

Notes:

This is cross posted to my Fanfiction site under the same name as it is on here. A few things before you begin reading. Ash is older at the start of his journey than in cannon. He is 16 years of age. Ash will be a bottom in his relationships. He will also capture pokemon he had not during the cannon episodes. He will know or be taught how to use Aura since I feel like they really failed in using it to its potential in the episodes. If there are anymore details I'll be sure to address them as they come up.

Main Pairing: AshxPaul

Side pairing: AshxGary (One sided on Gary's part)

Rating: M (to be safe)

Disclaimer: I do not own pokemon it belongs to Game Freak, Nintendo, Creatures, The Pokemon Company, etc, nor do I write this for profit. This is for entertainment use only.

Enjoy! And don't forget to leave a review

Ash huffed as he tried getting through the tunnels of Mount Moon, but he was met with little luck. Some tunnels were straight forward, some were blocked by fallen rocks, while others led to several different paths that were either dead ends or wound itself to a spot he had already been at. During his time in the tunnels he couldn't help but get the sense that something was wrong.

There were no pokémon.

He hadn't encountered any during his time going through the tunnels. No Geodude. No Paras. No Zubat. It was a bit eerie to him. As far as he knew the mountain should have been bustling with pokémon. After taking a few deep breaths he continued his way through the tunnels with Sandile at his feet and Pikachu on his shoulder. He only had those two out since Nidoran was tired from early morning training. It wasn't until he hit the three hour mark into his journey through the tunnels that he heard the first sounds of life with in the dark depths.

"Hey, this way! Executive Petrel wants us to make sure there aren't any more trainers around here."

Ash froze at the sound of the females voice and the sound of footsteps getting closer to his location. He felt Sandile press up against his leg just as Pikachu's fur began to stand up in a threatening manner. He reached up and gave Pikachu a small scratch behind his ear before crouching down to make himself as small as possible. He was lucky that there was a rock tall enough to hide himself behind and he silently returned his Sandile and hoped it wasn't a mistake that he did that. A moment later he held his breath as he hunkered down trying to make himself as small as possible until the person, well people from the sound of it, passed by him.

Shakily he pulled set up his Xtransceiver and started to video tape the path in front of him just as the people started walking past his hiding spot. The woman that spoke had bright pink hair under a dark hair and the two males following her had brown under their hats. They wore similar outfits of dark pants/skirt with boots that either reached their knees or over their ankle and their shirts were long sleeves with black gloves reaching their elbows. Printed on their shirts was a large red R.

Thankfully Ash wasn't spotted in his hiding spot and once the trio were past him he carefully made his way down the path where the trio had come from. If they were looking for more trainers they may have already taken the others. They may be the ones behind the silence in the cave. Ash carefully and silently made his way down the path, still taping on his pokédex, until he was greeted with bright lights and the sounds of pokémon crying out.

Slowly entering the opening to the wide cavern in the cave he was greeted to pokémon and humans trapped in cages and a large tent towards the back of the cavern. He spotted several different native pokémon in the cages as well as others that Ash assumed were the trainers pokémon, but they were knocked out or asleep since none of them moved or made a sound. In three of the cages were trainers that Ash didn't recognize. Two female and one male. One of the females were red headed with sea foam green eyes, small in stature and dressed in shorts and a tank top, and the other female was blond with blue eyes taller than the other female and wearing dark pants and a white top. The male was tall and muscular wearing a sleeveless black top and what looked like sweat pants. What caught Ash's eyes was the fact his hair was purple and his eyes were dark in color.