Chapter-10

Notes:

This is cross posted to my Fanfiction site under the same name as it is on here. A few things before you begin reading. Ash is older at the start of his journey than in cannon. He is 16 years of age. Ash will be a bottom in his relationships. He will also capture pokemon he had not during the cannon episodes. He will know or be taught how to use Aura since I feel like they really failed in using it to its potential in the episodes. If there are anymore details I'll be sure to address them as they come up.

Main Pairing: AshxPaul

Side pairing: AshxGary (One sided on Gary's part)

Rating: M (to be safe)

Disclaimer: I do not own pokemon it belongs to Game Freak, Nintendo, Creatures, The Pokemon Company, etc, nor do I write this for profit. This is for entertainment use only.

Enjoy! And don't forget to leave a review!

I do want to thank everyone who has left a review so far!

A/N(1): I've decided to do something I have never seen in a pokémon fanfiction before. Keep reading to find out what it is!

A/N(2): THIS IS PART 2 OF A MASSIVE UPDATE! (2/9)

Chapter Text

Ash left his hometown with a lighter heart, but a weight on his shoulders that barred down onto him. His mind was racing over the whole Aura thing as the walked his way to Cerulean. He had Oaks' Alakazam drop him off in between the two towns instead of in Pewter. Nidoran was walking beside him excited to get some battles in while Pikachu was on his shoulder as always. Sandile didn't want to be out at the moment and his egg was tucked safely in his bag with a monitor band around it.

Ash had found out that the little egg app on his Xtransceiver was actually an egg monitoring system that was tied to a band Professor Oak had given him. The band showed him the warmth of the egg, its heartbeat, the activity within it, and approximately how close it was hatching. Needless to say Ash was quite fascinated with the technology. As he walked he fiddled with the other apps and hesitantly sent Paul a message that he was on the way to Cerulean if he wanted to meet up.

Ding.

Ash looked over the watch and saw that small banner notification signaling he had a message and tapped on it.

P- Already in Lavender Town, but I can be in Cerulean in a few days.

A- No need to back track. I'll meet with you another day then. I promised my Horsea some time in the water since he's been cooped up in his ball. Was thinking of spending a few days there.

P- I see. If you haven't left when I get to Saffron I'll head up that way then.

A- Okay. I'll see you then.

P- See ya.

Ash let out a sigh before shaking his head. He didn't need to get his head wrapped up in boys at the moment. He needed to get his head in the game now.

Keeping on his way he was surprised that he didn't meet many trainers, but he did fight plenty of wild pokémon and he let Nidoran fight them since he was so close to evolving. The poison type was getting antsy seeing as he was so close to evolving but the opponents he was fighting wasn't enough to trigger the evolution.

It wasn't until he was an hour away from the town that they encountered a trainer willing to battle them.

"Nidoran Quick Sting!"

The poison type let out a grunt before using Quick Attack to get in close to his opponent, a Mankey, and managed to hit it while injecting it with poison thanks to Poison Sting. The monkey pokémon let out a screech of rage before it threw its fists at Nidoran. Just barely able to dodge it Nidoran countered with a Peck attack.