Chapter-7

Notes:

This is cross posted to my Fanfiction site under the same name as it is on here. A few things before you begin reading. Ash is older at the start of his journey than in cannon. He is 16 years of age. Ash will be a bottom in his relationships. He will also capture pokemon he had not during the cannon episodes. He will know or be taught how to use Aura since I feel like they really failed in using it to its potential in the episodes. If there are anymore details I'll be sure to address them as they come up.

Main Pairing: AshxPaul

Side pairing: AshxGary (One sided on Gary's part)

Rating: M (to be safe)

Disclaimer: I do not own pokemon it belongs to Game Freak, Nintendo, Creatures, The Pokemon Company, etc, nor do I write this for profit. This is for entertainment use only.

Enjoy! And don't forget to leave a review!

I do want to thank everyone who has left a review so far!

Chapter Text

Ash was aroused from his sleep by a vibration against his wrist and a soft paw tapping his cheek. Not really remembering what happened he let out a soft groan and moved his head, but before he could fall back to sleep memories of what happened earlier filtered through the sleepy haze. Jumping wide awake he scrambled to answer his watch and placed an earbud in his ear.

"Professor," Ash murmured softly once he saw the old man on the screen. He glanced over for a moment and saw that it was quite early in the morning and that he only managed to sleep for an hour as he waited for this phone call.

"Everything good so far?" Oak asked as he took in how tired the teen was.

Ash nodded and ran his hand over his face, "Haven't heard anything since then. Pikachu has been on watch."

"I had gotten through to the Rangers near you and they are sending a team of three to get out to Rota safely," Oak said as softly as he could, "There will be two males and one female, their names are Kellyn, Jack, and Solana. I'll send you pictures of them so you know what they look like. They should be there within the next hour."

"Okay," Ash said as he gave the professor a smile, "Thank you."

"No need for thanks my dear boy," Oak said with a small smile of his own, "You shouldn't to go through this at all."

"Its fine," the teen replied shaking his head, "I've not gotten hurt, have I? Just a bit scared." He did take a look at the photo once it was sent through and memorized the people in the photo before closing the messaging app out to give Oak his full attention.

Oak let out a soft sigh, but let it go. He knew just how stubborn the boy could get. Oak stayed on the phone with him for a bit longer asking him how his pokémon were doing. Ash told him his Nidoran was getting extremely close to evolving as the poison type had just lost the last bit of length on his egg tooth making them just as short as his other teeth, and that Sandile is getting more competitive because Nidoran is close to evolving. Pikachu was still addictive to ketchup and gets moody when he can't get any with his meals ever since Ash decided to use ketchup as a treat for when Pikachu did really well during training. Horsea was getting faster in the water and his aim is getting much better with his Water Gun the little water type was just frustrated that he isn't able to fight out of water.

The Professor hummed softly as he listened to the teen and gave him suggestions to help him. He suggested that when Nidoran evolved to work on his endurance seeing as when he get bigger in his last evolution he wouldn't be able to move his heavy body so fast. With Sandile Oak had to admit he didn't know a lot about his evolution line, but he would asked Professor Juniper, the head researcher for the Unova region, what she thought of Sandile.