Chapter-19

Notes:

This is cross posted to my Fanfiction site under the same name as it is on here. A few things before you begin reading. Ash is older at the start of his journey than in cannon. He is 16 years of age. Ash will be a bottom in his relationships. He will also capture pokemon he had not during the cannon episodes. He will know or be taught how to use Aura since I feel like they really failed in using it to its potential in the episodes. If there are anymore details I'll be sure to address them as they come up.

Main Pairing: AshxPaul

Side pairing: AshxGary (One sided on Gary's part)

Rating: M (to be safe)

Disclaimer: I do not own pokemon it belongs to Game Freak, Nintendo, Creatures, The Pokemon Company, etc, nor do I write this for profit. This is for entertainment use only.

Enjoy! And don't forget to leave a review!

I do want to thank everyone who has left a review so far!

Chapter Text

Ash stood there stock still. He didn't even register the sound of the door behind him closing with a soft click. Ash could feel his face burning and his lungs begging for air which caused him to take in a sharp deep breath. "K-Kiss," Ash murmured, making Pikachu, who had moved to the bed, perk up and let out a chitter as if to confirm that, yes, his trainer did indeed get a kiss.

Ash shook his head to clear it though his cheeks remained red like he had gotten a mild sunburn. He grabbed Pikachu and held him close before leaving the room once more. He didn't see Paul as he went outside so he assumed he used his Abra to teleport himself to an airport to get to his flight on time.

Ash had let out a small sigh, but kept walking to the gym. He ignored the festivities as people ran around him carrying things to get the place ready for the tournament the next day. So he was on his own again. It would be weird, but he was adaptable. The time Paul would be gone just gave him more time to read his ancestors journal and books without having to sneak away for a bit or staying up to read by moonlight.

As he continued on towards the gym he pondered over what he had managed to read. The training his ancestor, Sir Aaron, was doing was quite slow, but Ash knew it was better to go slow then mess up by going fast. The consequences that Aaron had left in the journal was enough to scare him from doing something foolish.

Sir Aaron had written of how he had taken care of the people left in Aura Comas and what the Healers had told him about the side effects of being in one. Most people were left vegetables, but some were so immersed in the Aura that their bodies actually reacted to whatever stimuli was happening within the Aura. Some lost limbs, some got physically sick, others couldn't control their own digestive systems, some were wounded and scarred.

The last sentence in that particular entry chilled Ash to his core. Sir Aaron had written that some of the coma patients even died with no warning, and that it didn't matter what the Healers did, the patients were never brought back.

"Sir?"

Ash jolted out of his thoughts as a female voice cut through them like a knife. Looking up Ash saw a small woman, clearly older than himself though, who had light brown hair and blue eyes. Ash mentally shook his head as he took in where he was at.

His feet, though his mind was occupied at the moment, had taken him into the gym. The reception area was clean and painted in hues of greens, browns, and cream colors leaving it warm yet vibrant.